Can anyone spare a Google voice invite?

BFrank

Reaction score
Does anyone have a spare Google Voice invite? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

zMd113

Reaction score
If anyone has a Google voice invite to spare I would appreciate it, & I will pass the others along on this forum. Thanks.

drek

Reaction score
I got an invite yesterday and setit up on my phone for vm only. Man it does not transcribe voice to text very well. Reading a vm from my wife reminded me of doing those madlibs as a kid. lol.

erikfig

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Currently looking for an invite for my wife droid. Ellavona328@hotmail. Com.

Many thanks in advance!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just did this for the moto droid people, I'll do it here too. It's just a reminder that you can get GV via ebay for a few bucks or you can simply ask Google to send you an invite. Google "Google Voice" and you will see how.

zMd113

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up hookbill, I asked her for one I hope she has one left.

zMd113

Reaction score
How do I set up my Google voice account so I don't get charged for SMS? I do not have any texting plan with VW just 450 min and the ulimited data plan.

Right now it's set up give me notification through email, but I already have a balance of .10 cents. Does that go on my VW bill?

moopey

Reaction score
How do I set up my Google voice account so I don't get charged for SMS? I do not have any texting plan with VW just 450 min and the ulimited data plan.

Right now it's set up give me notification through email, but I already have a balance of .10 cents. Does that go on my VW bill?

the balance of .10 is not a bill. it's a credit google gives new accounts to use towards international phone calls. google voice does not charge for text messaging. the only charge you could incur is if someone replies to your google voice SMS and their reply gets sent to your phone. to avoid this, go into google voice settings, under your mobile phone, click "edit". you will see a text settings check box that says "Receive text messages on this phone (mobile phones only)" make sure this box is NOT checked. this will avoid any text charges. hope this helps.

moopey

Reaction score
I have a google voice invite up for grabs.

I got inpatient and purchased one on ebay a week or so ago and then got one in my inbox today. I'm assuming I can just forward to someone? First to reply to this by quoting me, i will pm to obtain email address to forward the invite.
-Moopey-

zMd113

Reaction score

the balance of .10 is not a bill. it's a credit google gives new accounts to use towards international phone calls. google voice does not charge for text messaging. the only charge you could incur is if someone replies to your google voice SMS and their reply gets sent to your phone. to avoid this, go into google voice settings, under your mobile phone, click "edit". you will see a text settings check box that says "Receive text messages on this phone (mobile phones only)" make sure this box is NOT checked. this will avoid any text charges. hope this helps.

I think I have it like you said to do. I have notifications via SMS turned off, so anytime someone sends me a text back it notifies me through the Google voice app.

cromo8

Reaction score
right now all students can get google voice for free using a school email address

Happystranger

Reaction score
I have an invite, don't feel like scrolling through the thread to see who was first to ask, so first to pm me gets it..

Reaction score
I have two GV invites to give. PM me your email address you want it sent to. First two get them.

EDIT: Gone

Last edited:

lizm

Reaction score
I have an invite that was sent to me when i asked google for one, but then got one from a friend first.

I assume it will work for anyone, post here or PM and I'll send it on.

EDIT: GONE

Last edited: