how do you unroot from permanent z4root ?

chadillac707

Reaction score
anyone know the procidure to unroot from permanent z4root ?
i tried the temp. root but once done superuser did not work correctly.
just wantto be sure i can unroot for ota updates. dx

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think there's just an unroot button in z4root.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Raptor007

Reaction score
That would be correct. You just unroot and if you have installed Clockwork recovery mod you should remove it as well.

OP
chadillac707

chadillac707

Reaction score
Thanks I went ahead and rooted and now see the unroot option, that was way to easy, anyone know when the ota update will be rolling out ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks I went ahead and rooted and now see the unroot option, that was way to easy, anyone know when the ota update will be rolling out ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

It's been over 2 months since the OTA 2.2 came out. The fix update for things like getting stuck at the /\/\ and texting issues should have been addressed shortly after froyo. And some are expecting Gingerbread, lol.

So my theory, which is probably wrong, would be @ the first of the year. But I'm wrong often and haven't heard any rumors. Even if I had, I learned from froyo. To be honest I don't want any of their updates any way:)

flighinhigh

Reaction score
I had z4root.1.1.0 version installed, no unroot button. Upgraded to z4root.1.3.0 and the button are there. It is not in the market, some other software.

Reaction score
Remove Clockwork Recovery

I have unrooted with the Z4root unroot button but I cannot figure out how to remove clockwork recovery can any body help. Thanks Dave

OOps sorry wrong forum. Need to know for droid 2

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have unrooted with the Z4root unroot button but I cannot figure out how to remove clockwork recovery can any body help. Thanks Dave

Just a guess here because I just got a D2 - would you simply uninstall the "Droid 2 Bootstrap"?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Just a guess here because I just got a D2 - would you simply uninstall the "Droid 2 Bootstrap"?

I think you can uninstall it and then reinstall it. Once it fails to get su access it should be gone. At least this is my understanding.

tappin and a talkin