How do you people go through so many Droids?!?!?

Guchi

Reaction score
i got my droid on black friday, i would be on my 4th one but i sold it as soon as i received it and bought the incredible.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Had mine since the end of December. No issues at all. But it is possible to get a streak of bad phones I guess. We got my daughter an EnvTouch at the same time and went through three of them (as well as numerous software uprgrades/rollbacks) in a four month period and all were bad. Finally got them to get her into a different phone.

droidgirl1

Reaction score
I got mine the day it came out, replaced it the third day because of a defective earpiece and have had the same one since then without any problems.

It's naked - no protection at all.

I generally don't beat up phones....but this morning I was putting it in the dock and it slipped out of my hands, hit the dock, the wood table, the wall, and then went behind the dresser and I heard it go between the wall and dresser a few times then hit the floor.

Picked it up and it was all dusty - took a towel to it, not a scratch on it and everything works perfectly.

OHHHHH!!!! Picked her (him) off and took a towel and cleaned her up!!! A clean droid is a happy droid.

I was going to purchase a new lap top this year, but my droid seems to be filling that void for me. I'm really protective of my droid, I don't let small children play games on it. My droid has a problem with stickly little fingers. My droid is the connection to my family and my world and I treat her with respect and clean her up and dust her off.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I got mine a few days after release and my husbands in January. We have had no problems.

I don't think the problem is people being careless. Lets face it, these guys are expensive little gadgets. I think its more a manufacturing problem. As with any new technology, there will be lemons, glitches, and malfunctions. I think what we are seeing here are the "Few" that have had problems. The other problem is that Verizon is giving out refurbished phones. Stop and think about it people, refurbished phones are phones that someone turned in for a reason so you are basically turning in your phone and getting someone elses problems that Verizon hopes they fixed. I have never had good luck with refurbished phones.

I am just glad that mine and my husbands are going strong with no issues. *** knocking on wood ***

hookerdj

Reaction score
Omg did I just read what I thought I just read

I got mine the day it came out, replaced it the third day because of a defective earpiece and have had the same one since then without any problems.

OHHHHH!!!! Picked her (him) off and took a towel and cleaned her up!!! A clean droid is a happy droid.

I was going to purchase a new lap top this year, but my droid seems to be filling that void for me. I'm really protective of my droid, I don't let small children play games on it. My droid has a problem with stickly little fingers. My droid is the connection to my family and my world and I treat her with respect and clean her up and dust her off.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

etx_droid

Reaction score
I've only had mine since February and have had no show stoppers. I am constantly using it too...HEAVY usage...and it has handled almost everything I can throw at it. If i did 1/4 of the stuff on my old WinMO device it would crash or lock up constantly.

When you sale a million phones, some are going to have problems, just what happens!

streetkid

Reaction score
Will there be a point when there are no more available droids and they have to replace it with something else?

Murz

Reaction score
Got mine early December. The third day it completely froze while I was trying to check a text message. Tried a battery pull and a new battery but it wouldn’t turn back on. Took it into Verizon, they tried the same things; it still wouldn’t work so they gave me a new phone. Haven’t had any problems since. I hadn’t added any apps yet or dropped it or anything so I don’t think it was user error.

Reaction score
had mine since release day and havent had a single problem any of these people have had. the only thing happening now is the battery door is getting a little loose, but i wont need a new one for a couple more months im sure. people just arent smart when it comes to taking care of $500 phones...they expect it to magically take care of itself.

brando56894

Reaction score
I've often wondered as well. I've had mine since March.

same here, no problems even though Ive had my processor as high as 180F for a few minutes!

yea kinda disappointing how people buy such an advanced piece of technology and dont know how to use it

I totally agree. If you're going to get something that's really nice and expensive, it would behoove you to learn how to use it properly to get the full potential out of it.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Reading these posts reminds me of a Driod I saw last weekend...

It looked like it dropped from 30,000 feet and rolled down the side of a mountain!

The shell was dented and scratched and I MEAN dented and scratched, looked like someone took a ball-peen hammer to it! The screen was cracked and the kid said it still worked fine!

I should have taken a pic of it:icon_eek:

Riddick

Reaction score
The problem is probably that after the first phone breaks the new refurb phones are crap and they need to be replaced too.

I'm still on my first phone though, I try to take good care of it.

Verizon's insurance is called Asurion. For an advanced device like a Droid phone, it costs $90 for the replacement phone, not $50.

$90 to replace a phone with a refurb that most people paid $50 for to get it new? That's a bit ridiculous though the alternative is to buy a used one for 300$+ and still be stuck on a contract.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Plain and simple answer?
user error

Slightly more elaborate answer?
While I acknowledge that I'm sure there is a small percentage of people out there that truly received a malfunctioning device, the majority of problems can be attributed to user error :biggrin:
:icon_ poke:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had mine since the day it was released and haven't had a single issue....

i do have insurance just for the sanity