How do you people go through so many Droids?!?!?

tktouch12

Reaction score
i got mine christmas and just today got a replacement from the warranty. my power button almost completely quick working, and on top of that i had dust in the screen and my headphone jack was crackly.

nphil

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on my 6th Droid. All of them had hardware problems, blame Verizon's crappy refurb "Like-new phones".

hookerdj

Reaction score
im going on my third one tomorrow its on the way my first one was ok then it started spazzin the second one they sent me didnt work and now im waiting for my third one to come

iPirate

Reaction score
I think it is user error. I have one, my dad has one and we have had 0 problems.

Then I hear these loons that have all these problems and are on their 5th Droid lol

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it is user error. I have one, my dad has one and we have had 0 problems.

Then I hear these loons that have all these problems and are on their 5th Droid lol

this is exactly what im talking about. i mean theres some out there that are built poorly but i bet most of it is from carelessness

FireDroid

Reaction score
Only 1 since December and I put it through hell at work! (firefighter)

hookerdj

Reaction score
ok so you are saying on my one phone th epower button does not work so its user error or my second fone the earpiece does not work thats user error??? trust me these refurb phones are junk im gonna flip out if my phone tommorrow is broke too. thisis what happened last time on my last phone and they upgraded me for free so i hope i just get a good droid i dont want a incredible

tktouch12

Reaction score
i agree with hookerdj. ive had the power button quit working, dust, and a bad headphone jack. those arent user error, theyre motorola's terrible craftmanship (my past 3 phones have been moto, i can say that as a truth)

Travis798

Reaction score
i agree with hookerdj. ive had the power button quit working, dust, and a bad headphone jack. those arent user error, theyre motorola's terrible craftmanship (my past 3 phones have been moto, i can say that as a truth)

See user experience is always an odd thing. I've always found Motorola's craftsmanship to be far superior to HTC and LG. Everyone is going to have phones not up to par, and a persons opinion on a company is determined by whether or not they get one of those phones. I've never had a Moto break on me, yet I've had plenty of problems with LG and HTC. My previous problems are pretty much solely responsible for my decision to go with the Droid over the Incredible.

JCo352

Reaction score
i got my first on on release day, earpiece died in dec so i got it replaced and had this one ever since

And yes verizons insurance is a $50 deductible and you get a refurbished phone

I used best buys, its like 2 more dollars a month but no deductible and i get a new phone when this one breaks. And they really don't ask questions when your phone is broken
Verizon's insurance is called Asurion. For an advanced device like a Droid phone, it costs $90 for the replacement phone, not $50.

Yes Best Buy has their own insurance, and yes you can get it replaced no questions asked if it's broken, but one MAJOR difference is if my Moto Droid gets wet, it's covered. If your's gets wet, guess what, you're out of luck with the Best Buy insurance.

I am on my 3rd Droid. Mostly overheating issues. I am not advocating anything, but there is something at VZW called "multi-fru" - if you've had your phone REPLACED twice in 90 days, you're eligible for a "FRU to NEW". It would have some implications, for example, you would reset your New Every Two eligibility on that line, you would be limited to whatever phone is listed in the guide that the rep has, and you'd be paying the 2 year pricing on that new device. For a Moto Droid like I have, if I went the "FRU to New" route, more than likely it would be listed in the books that the "New" would be another Moto Droid.

Actually my Geek Squad insurance does cover water damage, it allows one replacement for it. I also get one free battery replacement, and no deductible.

iPirate

Reaction score
I have two old motorola phones and they both still work after several years of use including my gf abusing it for at least a year. Build quality of motorola phones is the best I have seen.

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have two old motorola phones and they both still work after several years of use including my gf abusing it for at least a year. Build quality of motorola phones is the best I have seen.

i have to agree with that. ive had many different brands and am glad the droid is made by them.

Signum

Reaction score
i got my first on on release day, earpiece died in dec so i got it replaced and had this one ever since

And yes verizons insurance is a $50 deductible and you get a refurbished phone

I used best buys, its like 2 more dollars a month but no deductible and i get a new phone when this one breaks. And they really don't ask questions when your phone is broken
Verizon's insurance is called Asurion. For an advanced device like a Droid phone, it costs $90 for the replacement phone, not $50.

Yes Best Buy has their own insurance, and yes you can get it replaced no questions asked if it's broken, but one MAJOR difference is if my Moto Droid gets wet, it's covered. If your's gets wet, guess what, you're out of luck with the Best Buy insurance.

I am on my 3rd Droid. Mostly overheating issues. I am not advocating anything, but there is something at VZW called "multi-fru" - if you've had your phone REPLACED twice in 90 days, you're eligible for a "FRU to NEW". It would have some implications, for example, you would reset your New Every Two eligibility on that line, you would be limited to whatever phone is listed in the guide that the rep has, and you'd be paying the 2 year pricing on that new device. For a Moto Droid like I have, if I went the "FRU to New" route, more than likely it would be listed in the books that the "New" would be another Moto Droid.

multi fru and fru to new dont exist anymore, dont spread false information.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I'm still truckin along with my release day Droid. It has taken it's beatings and has the scars to show it.

I'm really hard on my phones physically. Using cases has always seemed pointless to me. Why be concerned with keeping your device pretty when all anyone is going to see is the case. Kinda like the car 'bras' to protect the paint on the hood... that you can't see because it has a 'bra' on it. So my phones always end up with dings and scratches and I don't mind.

If I had to have a phone replaced 3, 4, 5+ times I wouldn't be accepting that phone again. If you have a good reason and you stick to your guns you can get around the rules. It may take some time and a lot of arguing with people who truly don't have to power to help you but there's always someone a rung or two higher up the ladder who can.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got mine the day it came out, replaced it the third day because of a defective earpiece and have had the same one since then without any problems.

It's naked - no protection at all.

I generally don't beat up phones....but this morning I was putting it in the dock and it slipped out of my hands, hit the dock, the wood table, the wall, and then went behind the dresser and I heard it go between the wall and dresser a few times then hit the floor.

Picked it up and it was all dusty - took a towel to it, not a scratch on it and everything works perfectly.