How do you exit the regular music player off the homescreen??

zzzonkout

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts.
There is no way to exit out of the music player. I can stop the music, but the player remains on my homepage of my Droid. I tried Task Killer, Task Manager, etc. This is the music player that came with the phone, not a new app downloaded.

bje1982

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts.
There is no way to exit out of the music player. I can stop the music, but the player remains on my homepage of my Droid. I tried Task Killer, Task Manager, etc. This is the music player that came with the phone, not a new app downloaded.

its a widget...

long hold the widget then drag to the trash..

hope that helps..

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
I don't have a trash option anywhere...
But thank you for your help. Any other ideas?

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
Nevermind I see it!! thank you!! The scrolling arrow on the right that shows all the rest of your apps turns into a trash can when you long hold the music player. Thanks sooo much.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I don't have a trash option anywhere...
But thank you for your help. Any other ideas?

Sure you do. Long press the music player widget and drag it to the bottom of the screen. You'll see the app launcher tab turn red and display a trash can. Drop it on the trash can.

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
One more thing, now.

How do you add more widgets to the home screen? I just "trashed" like 5 of them but now it says there's no more room on the screen to add more.

bje1982

Reaction score
Nevermind I see it!! thank you!! The scrolling arrow on the right that shows all the rest of your apps turns into a trash can when you long hold the music player. Thanks sooo much.

No problem..

Ill give you a little advice, dont try to root or install anything to your phone until your comfortable lol

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
Hm, good point.
You must know how to add more widgets or folders or shortcuts to the home screen after you've deleted the ones on there, right?

bje1982

Reaction score
Hm, good point.
You must know how to add more widgets or folders or shortcuts to the home screen after you've deleted the ones on there, right?

yes:

method #1- long press an empty spot on home screen to get menu.

method #2- hit menu, (the button next to home thats horizontal lines), the add.

thats it.

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
I did that, but it says there's no more room on the screen, even though I just deleted like 5 of them off the screen.

bje1982

Reaction score
I did that, but it says there's no more room on the screen, even though I just deleted like 5 of them off the screen.

that means whatever your trying to put there is too big and theres not enough room..

try to put that same widget on an empty screen itll go. then drag it to where you want