Music Player Stopping

DucFanDan

Reaction score
Hello all, having some trouble with the media player on my Droid 2 Global. It'll play an MP3 for a few minutes, then stop on its own. Doesn't matter if the phone locks itself after a minute, or if I lock it right away. I can keep it running if I click the lock button once every minute or two.

Same problem whether I use the stock media player, or PowerAMP. Music stops after a couple minutes.

I do not have Advanced Task Killer. I use the stock Task Manager to kill things when I'm done with them. The music player is NOT set to auto-kill, and I cannot locate an "ignore" function.

My device is running the stock Android 2.2 Froyo, rooted, with some select bloat "removed" (changed *.apk to *.bin on the select items I didn't want).

Yes, I did a search, here and on Google at large. Finding all kinds of Android music player problems and opinions, but no answers for this issue specifically.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tonality

Reaction score
Bump for having the exact same issue. No changes to default OS at all and it's doing the same thing on mine.

OP
DucFanDan

DucFanDan

Reaction score
Okay... that's some good info. It's a little annoying that thread never turned up in my search, even though I used keywords that were splattered all over in there. I hate asking duplicate questions. [banghead]