Music player randomly stopping

DucFanDan

Reaction score
Hello all, having some trouble with the media player on my Droid 2 Global. It'll play for a few minutes, then stop on its own. Doesn't matter if the phone locks itself after a minute, or if I lock it right away. I can keep it running if I click the lock button once every minute or two.

I do not have ATK. I use the stock Task Manager to kill things when I'm done with them. The music player is NOT set to auto-kill, and I cannot locate an "ignore" function.

My device is running the stock Android 2.2 Froyo, rooted, with some select bloat removed.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Liviux

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem

I have the Droid 2 Global, no changes to the 2.2 OS.
The stock player stops after two minutes regardless of the battery settings, on any song, app is not on the auto-end list etc.
I downloaded Cubed and it does the same exact thing. This makes me think there's a problem with the OS, not the app.
Any luck with yours?

Taegost

Reaction score
While that is great information, where is the auto-end list? The other thread just says it's in Task Manager, but it doesn't say how to get into Task Manager, or if it's a separate app.

defrank1988

Reaction score
Task manager is a separate app that comes with the droid pro...if you open the app drawer and scroll down you'll see it...And the auto-end list is one of the tabs when you get into the app...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Taegost

Reaction score
Hrmmm... That's mildly disappointing, it sounds like just the app I've been looking for on my D2 to stop the OS from killing certain apps that I don't use often but want to keep running anyway!