How Do I remove pre installed apps: facebook

Palantirion

Reaction score
I can see Visual VM and Facebook as apps within Apps Organizer. I tried uninstalling Visual VM but the message came back "uninstall unsuccessful". My droid is not yet rooted.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I can see Visual VM and Facebook as apps within Apps Organizer. I tried uninstalling Visual VM but the message came back "uninstall unsuccessful". My droid is not yet rooted.

No root = No unistall native apps

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

No root = No unistall native apps
-Any risks to rooting not covered in the tutorials on this forum?

I have not come across any that have not been mentioned. As for removing the apps, There has been users reporting issues with removing the native apps...it's better to rename them if you want them not to show in the app drawer.

sexy6s

Reaction score
I've been around windows for years and renaming this rather than a clean uninstall could result in things looking for that linked program but since it is renamed would result in a few errors not sure if this OS works the same way...

B1-66er

Reaction score
Well if you go to settings>applications>manage>menu>filter>all and tthen select an app, "clear data" is an option. What does that do? I'm afraid to try it, haha

red-in-la

Reaction score
So how about moving face book and the other stuff that is cluttering up the screen into a new folder? Can that be done? If it can, how do you make a new folder :D
That was an easy way to clean up the Storm screen of unwanted icons.

I've gone through the droid guide, for what it's worth and could find nothing on the topic of moving short cuts or aps to other pages. So is there a way to let me put FaceBook, Amazon and the music stuff on the last page?

SurraTT

Reaction score
So how about moving face book and the other stuff that is cluttering up the screen into a new folder? Can that be done? If it can, how do you make a new folder :D

I've gone through the droid guide, for what it's worth and could find nothing on the topic of moving short cuts or aps to other pages. So is there a way to let me put FaceBook, Amazon and the music stuff on the last page?

I want to do the same, the Main menu is in need of customization, folders something just a simple alphabetical order of all the apps on the phone is not what i want.

And i dont want my Home screen full of apps, just the ones i use about every day.

red-in-la

Reaction score

I want to do the same, the Main menu is in need of customization, folders something just a simple alphabetical order of all the apps on the phone is not what i want.

And i dont want my Home screen full of apps, just the ones i use about every day.

I found a write up about rearranging the icons on the home page: Hold down the icon until it buzzes then move it where you want it on the Home Page. You can delete them and start over though since they are only short cuts.

To get the icon from the 2nd page to the Home Page press and hold it and it will buzz and magically appear on the HP. If you don't want it there delete it and try again as the short cut has not actually been moved from page 2 but is only a short cut of a short cut and is still on page 2.

To get a folder on the HP press the menu key, then ADD, then Folders. Now we can select some type of folder.

I'm still searching for how to rearrange the icons on page 2.

bit by bit, piece by piece...

SurraTT

Reaction score
im talking about the App Main Menu, the list of all apps A to Z.

droidmnky

Reaction score
I did it like this; your Droid has to be rooted and you need to be able to terminal into it...

# find /system -name "Facebook*"
/system/app/Facebook.apk
# mkdir /data/storage
# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
# mv /system/app/Facebook.apk /data/storage/
# reboot
reboot returned

lisiann

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you! I have looked at several forums and this is the first time it worked! It was the "waiting till it turned red" that solved my problem:icon_ banana: