How do I record sound to use as a ringtone

luv2fly

Reaction score
I have no idea how to do anything but I would like to record a song from the radio or a certain sound:) to use as a ringtone

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, there are many voice recorders in the market that record sound also. You may be able to select the file from the list the app makes of recorded notes and you can also use ringdroid which is free in the market to edit these files and only use the part of the sound you wish to use. Hope this is maybe a lil helpful

Sent from my D2

gfulbright

Reaction score
I am looking for the same answer. Every other phone I have had has a record button, then you are able to save sounds you record

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CxUNG

Reaction score
You have to get an app from the market. Certain fones dont come with sound recorder. Every fone is diff.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

benner

Reaction score
Why do people still record songs? go to your itunes and edit the song down to size and send it to your phone.

Pretty much that simple.

gfulbright

Reaction score
I need to be able to record my 3 year old grandson singing. I can't get that from Itunes. I have been using him for ringtones for awhile now.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
AL Voice Recorder in the market will allow you to use a sound as a ringtone. Click on the voice recorder app and then under description click more and it will allow you to see the capabilities of that particular recorder. Post back if you have problems or if you need help finding anything

Sent from my rooted D2

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Cellsea.com - free downloads of ring tones. Its free to sign up and it sends the ringtone to your phone in a text with a hyperlink to the dl page, or copy the (I believe) 5 digit code that takes you to the dl page. Just do a search for the song or sounds you want and if its not there you can upload and edit your ringtone prior to download.