How do I delete default settings for ringtone?

dyrelogan

Reaction score
I don't know how else to word this. But I accidentally chose Android as my default ringtone chooser and now it is only showing Android ringtones. I want to use my own and I used to go through Handcent, for some odd reason, and was able to choose any ringtone or sound or music file I wish as a ringtone. How do I reset the default action for ringtone selector? Thanks to anyone who can help.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
From what I can tell if you go to

settings>applications>manage applications> android system

you can clear all defaults which will clear out the hardware controls so you can select your audio settings again, however as I read it all your defaults for the system will be wiped and you will get pop ups for all of your applications asking if you want to use "android system" as your default.

I believe that when you install a new app that conflicts with your "android system" settings, like say zedge for ring tones, you will get a pop up asking what you want to use for default. I might be easier and safer to uninstall handcent and reinstall to see if you get the pop up again. You might also try installing zedge to see if you get the pop up with all 3 choices (android system, handcent, and zedge) and then select handcent that way. Then its just simply uninstalling zedge after you get back to the setting you want.

Last edited:

radroni

Reaction score
try same path as above...except look under ringtones and see if u can clear default thier...if not uninstall handsent and reboot and then reinstall...or try to do it in handsent setings ..under settltings>>>>notifiction settings

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
Thank you, CD! That worked great. I will have to remember that. :) Radroni, thank you for your suggestion too.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Which path did you take, clearing all defaults, uninstall/reinstall of handcent, or installing a new ringtone app and selecting handcent when the popup came up?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
I took the first path you mentioned. Clearing the data from android system.

tomas1099

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hello, you have trouble using ringtones on Android. Please use mp3 application