Any way to make a ringtone?

JRatt

Reaction score
I noticed that the Droid X lacks a built in recording app. On my old phones I use to record something with it and then set it as a ringtone.
Is there any way to do that with the Droid X?

OP
JRatt

JRatt

Reaction score
Thank You. I'll try it out

Yohan

Reaction score
Just made a ringtone using Ringdroid.... awesome app!

Drewcifer

Reaction score
LOL I have been searching the PC for a PC app for hours. Looking for freeware and decided I would see what everyone uses here. Still not used to having a smartphone and even considered looking for an Android app. I just got my first smartphone 4 hours ago so I am a little behind....forgive me. Thanks though. Going to get Ringdroid right now.

tcrisera

Reaction score
Ok, I went through whole routine on my PC of how I did this before DROID. Used Audacity to clip mp3 section, set kbps, etc. Then emailed to my phone# with file attached (renamed to .mid) Plays great in text messaging but could not figure out how to save to phone. The emailed mp3 to gmail as attachment, again couldn't save. Finally connected w/ USB and copied file to DROID. I was then able to open file in music player and use menu to specify use as ring tone. That worked but began with voice saying "Verizon Wireless", which repeated about every 5 to 10 seconds.

Came here and read about ringdroid, so I pointed at mp3 and save whole clip as new ringtone and set as default. Sounds great also, but still has that voice. Is there a way to disable that?

Thx

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I went through whole routine on my PC of how I did this before DROID. Used Audacity to clip mp3 section, set kbps, etc. Then emailed to my phone# with file attached (renamed to .mid) Plays great in text messaging but could not figure out how to save to phone. The emailed mp3 to gmail as attachment, again couldn't save. Finally connected w/ USB and copied file to DROID. I was then able to open file in music player and use menu to specify use as ring tone. That worked but began with voice saying "Verizon Wireless", which repeated about every 5 to 10 seconds.

Came here and read about ringdroid, so I pointed at mp3 and save whole clip as new ringtone and set as default. Sounds great also, but still has that voice. Is there a way to disable that?

Thx

When do you hear this opening of Verizon Wireless? Is it when you get a call, a message, all of the above? It kind of sounds to me like you're roaming. $$$$$$$ :eek:

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
You must have dropped the mp3 file in a VZW preloaded notifications folder somewhere. Just erase the whole thing and start from scratch. Get your mp3s on the phone, cut the ringtone with Ringdroid and let the app drop it in the right folder.

Directly from a D2

tcrisera

Reaction score
Sorry, nothing to do with ring tone, I still hear that message w/ pre-loaded tone. Maybe I am roaming, I did do *228 option 2. Probably need to call VZ.
Thx

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Ok, kinda confused since this thread did start about "ringtones".

Good luck.

Directly from a D2