How do I get the phone icon as part of my app tray tab on the home page?

Jer

Reaction score
So I'm rooted and I've seen some phones that have a different app tray tab. Rather than just a tab to pull up to access downloaded apps there are also other options such as a phone icon as part of the bottom of the screen. It would be nice to have this as it would clear up a space on the home screen for another app icon. Is this a theme or a ROM that gets this?

I also had smoked glass as a theme with the SholesMod ROM and now that I have updated to the DroidMod ROM I no longer have smoked glass and miss it. I read that I need to use MetaMorph to apply this theme but can't seem to find the actual theme anywhere to download.

So, the question is is there a way to complete both of these with a single theme or are they two different processes? Thanks for the help.

Edit: I think that I can do this with GDE but I was hoping there would be a theme or an option since I'm already rooted that I wouldn't have to pay for like I would have to do with GDE.

Last edited:

Silverwing

Reaction score
For the extra apps on the bottom of your screen next to the app tray icon, you want to search for an app called "HelixLauncher" from the market (it is free).

To change your theme, you simply have to grab metamorph and find the proper theme to apply, alas, I don't know where to find the one you are looking for since I am using the standard theme that comes with Ultimate Droid - you can check it out. Blackdroid has its own forum here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/

Last edited:

droidman101

Reaction score
So I'm rooted and I've seen some phones that have a different app tray tab. Rather than just a tab to pull up to access downloaded apps there are also other options such as a phone icon as part of the bottom of the screen. It would be nice to have this as it would clear up a space on the home screen for another app icon. Is this a theme or a ROM that gets this?

I also had smoked glass as a theme with the SholesMod ROM and now that I have updated to the DroidMod ROM I no longer have smoked glass and miss it. I read that I need to use MetaMorph to apply this theme but can't seem to find the actual theme anywhere to download.

So, the question is is there a way to complete both of these with a single theme or are they two different processes? Thanks for the help.

Edit: I think that I can do this with GDE but I was hoping there would be a theme or an option since I'm already rooted that I wouldn't have to pay for like I would have to do with GDE.

The tray tab is named helixlauncher, and it can be installed from market for free, but as for the theme I haven't found it

Pokebreaker

Reaction score
As stated before, HelixLauncher will give you the option of attaching 4 shortcuts on the app tray. I haven't really seen anyone making home icons for distribution though.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
HelixLauncher installed and seems to be doing what I wanted it too. As long as it's stable this will do nicely.

Now to figure out how to get Smoked Glass back as a theme. I had it with SholesMod and loved the notification bar being dark instead of white. I can't stand the white notification bar and that's pretty much the primary reason for running it. Might have to see if something else will accomplish this (pretty sure there is) with minimal additional changes. The only links I've found to DL Smoked Glass and install via MetaMorph are broken.