Nasty Dialer app bug with GDE

kiwiguy

Reaction score
Posting this in the hope that it will prevent other people from experiencing the same problem that I have been having ending calls!!!

I have been using the GDE Home replacement for the past week and have been getting increasingly frustrated in my ability to end a call if I move away from the Phone Dialer screen during the call.

I have just discovered there is a bug in GDE on how it handles the dialer app if you set either the Left or Right GDE toolbar buttons to "Call". (these are the buttons on either side of the pullup menu on the bottom that are programmable)

When you go to make a call pressing on the GDE Phone icon, it works fine - it displays the dialer keypad and you can make a call. However if you move away from the dialer screen for any reason while the call is in progress, when you press the GDE Phone icon a second time to - it does not display the little "popup" screen where it asks you do you want to:
- Return to the Call in Progress
- Add call
- Use touchtone keypad

It always takes you straight to a fresh dialer screen with the green "Dial" button in the middle.

At this stage, I would usually just start pressing buttons at random trying to get back to a screen where I could see the Red Hangup button. (Yes I realize that I could swipe down the notifications area and then click on the call in progress there - but that is far less convenient that pressing on the Phone icon!).

I was not aware that the popup screen even existed - I thought I was doing something wrong. It was not until I removed GDE then discovered this difference.

Anyway, I have gone back to using GDE, but put the actual Dialer app icon on my Home page and use that instead of the GDE dialer. All works fine now.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Holding the home button down pops up a multitask quick launch too. This will have phone in it, and should take you back to your existing call. I think... I don't have GDE on right now(did before) and I never tried it.

EDIT. I just tested and holding down home will give you the phone button so youd on't have to have it on your home screen looking all silly next to another phone button.