How do I get back to a stock recovery in order to accept OTA?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont think ive removed any system apps...lol and i hope im on the stock kernel. Thanks for the help. it was that stupid fastboot command, i forgot to type recovery twice...*facepalm*

Haha. I did that before too. The first recovery is for telling it which partition it flashes too. The 2nd recovery is just the name of the recovery file. :) Happens to the best of us. If you run into anything else, let me know. But you should be good. Enjoy Jellybean!

MikeSkillZ

Reaction score
Haha. I did that before too. The first recovery is for telling it which partition it flashes too. The 2nd recovery is just the name of the recovery file. :) Happens to the best of us. If you run into anything else, let me know. But you should be good. Enjoy Jellybean!

thanks man...i just rebooted, and now it seems to be 'searching for service' for a bit too long... i hope i didnt mess up the radio files

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks man...i just rebooted, and now it seems to be 'searching for service' for a bit too long... i hope i didnt mess up the radio files

Flashing a recovery wouldn't touch the radio partition. If you still haven't gotten service, I'd battery pull, sim pull, and wait 30 seconds before re-inserting the sim. Then reboot and try again.

MikeSkillZ

Reaction score
ok ill try that...i think i may have messed up the radio btw...i was using the method described at the top of this thread...it was for pc...but i was just applying it through my terminal ... and i may of flashed that toro radio file :/ lemme see if this works...lol i hope i didnt mess this thing up ...ugh

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok ill try that...i think i may have messed up the radio btw...i was using the method described at the top of this thread...it was for pc...but i was just applying it through my terminal ... and i may of flashed that toro radio file :/ lemme see if this works...lol i hope i didnt mess this thing up ...ugh

Which variant do you have? Do you have a toro, torospr or maguro?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
that file had the toro...i am on verizon...maguro is GSM right?

Yes. So toro is the right version. Did you by chance flash your CDMA and LTE radios backwards? Go to your about phone screen and tell me your radio version.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
i cant..it stuck on the 'searching for service' screen

Searching for Service screen?...So you can't even access the notification bar to get to settings? Hmmm...well if you want to boot back into fastboot, we can try flashing the CDMA and LTE radios again. Or, if you aren't opposed to starting fresh and wiping /data and your internal storage, we could fastboot the entire Jellybean package so you could skip the OTA.

MikeSkillZ

Reaction score
Searching for Service screen?...So you can't even access the notification bar to get to settings? Hmmm...well if you want to boot back into fastboot, we can try flashing the CDMA and LTE radios again. Or, if you aren't opposed to starting fresh and wiping /data and your internal storage, we could fastboot the entire Jellybean package so you could skip the OTA.

oh wait...its skipping the searching part...now im at the home screen with no service...the radio version is well...no existant LOL baseband version: unknown WTF ... i done ****ed it up now..im not opposed to flashing the CDMA and LTE again...but i just want to so it right with the right versions...i just want to go back to completly stock :/ do you have AIM or something...would make this easier.... you can hit me on Facebook chat or something if you want ...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh wait...its skipping the searching part...now im at the home screen with no service...the radio version is well...no existant LOL baseband version: unknown WTF ... i done ****ed it up now..im not opposed to flashing the CDMA and LTE again...but i just want to so it right with the right versions...i just want to go back to completly stock :/ do you have AIM or something...would make this easier.... you can hit me on Facebook chat or something if you want ...

I don't have AIM, but I have Google Talk. But why don't we just flash the Jellybean package? It will take you to stock Jellybean and you won't need to worry about the OTA.

1. https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-jro03o-factory-f17426e6.tgz<--------------Download and extract the .tgz to the directory you have your ./fastboot stored.

2. Once extracted, boot your phone into fastboot and connect it to your Mac.

3. Follow the steps from the guide earlier, but replace all the file names in that guide with the names of the files you just downloaded.

If you need to hit me on Google Talk if you don't get it, that's fine.

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just sent you a message from Skype. Feel free to keep it open while you're doing the process I gave you above if you need help.

MikeSkillZ

Reaction score
I don't have AIM, but I have Google Talk. But why don't we just flash the Jellybean package? It will take you to stock Jellybean and you won't need to worry about the OTA.

1. https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/nakasi-jro03d-factory-e102ba72.tgz <--------------Download and extract the .tgz to the directory you have your ./fastboot stored.

2. Once extracted, boot your phone into fastboot and connect it to your Mac.

3. Follow the steps from the guide earlier, but replace all the file names in that guide with the names of the files you just downloaded.

If you need to hit me on Google Talk if you don't get it, that's fine.

Ok i can do that...but isnt the OTA better? less bugs, etc? i hear the JB had bugs on the first run...but i might just be a wierdo LOL

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok i can do that...but isnt the OTA better? less bugs, etc? i hear the JB had bugs on the first run...but i might just be a wierdo LOL

That package is the OTA. Just in a version that you can flash through fastboot.