Can I still Get the OTA if rooted?

Freetoride78

Reaction score
Wanting to know if I am rooted with wug's toolkit and running paradigm rom will I still get the OTA update? If not what do I have to do to get it? Do I have to flash back to stock and unroot if that is the road that I choose to take?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You don't need to get it. Is your paradigm ROM on JB already? If so, then you already got the update that Verizon is sending out. Also you can easily find the JB radios, just google 4.1.1 radios and flash them yourself through recovery.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
The answer is yes you need to be stock to take the OTA, however it look like this build is the same found on Google servers several weeks ago so you should be able to find an rooted version to keep root. Even if you don't you should be able to use voodoo to protect root, take the ota, then restore root. But as the previous post states if your on a jb rom your already running this build.

MrKleen

Reaction score
As stated you would need to go back to stock.

And as stated there is no reason to.

OP
F

Freetoride78

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I am already on JB but was just curious if it would get pushed to me or not. I am definitely going to stay on root and have fun with that road.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thank you for the replies. I am already on JB but was just curious if it would get pushed to me or not. I am definitely going to stay on root and have fun with that road.
There really is no reason to look back once you head down that path anyway:p