ota update problem!

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Ok do this morning I woke up and seen I had an ota update so as usual I downloaded and went to install but I seem to be having a problem. When I go to install I get an error saying failed to verify whole file signature (status 7). I've tried to download it and install it in cwm but I get the same thing. I have defrosted everything in titanium and still doesn't work. I have temp unrooted with ota root keeper and nothing I have also did a data factory reset and it all says the same thing. Has anybody ever seen this before and if you have is there a fix? Been up since 3 messing with it and no luck lol. If I can't find anything that works by the time I'm off work I'm probably going to just hook up to computer and go from there but that is my very last option I would like to do so if anybody has any ideas please let me know lol.

Thank you in advance to anybody who takes the time to help I really appreciate it!!!

P.s. I'm on stock 4.1.1 rooted running franco kernal. The kernal is the only thing I've changed other then that I'm all stock.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Ok do this morning I woke up and seen I had an ota update so as usual I downloaded and went to install but I seem to be having a problem. When I go to install I get an error saying failed to verify whole file signature (status 7). I've tried to download it and install it in cwm but I get the same thing. I have defrosted everything in titanium and still doesn't work. I have temp unrooted with ota root keeper and nothing I have also did a data factory reset and it all says the same thing. Has anybody ever seen this before and if you have is there a fix? Been up since 3 messing with it and no luck lol. If I can't find anything that works by the time I'm off work I'm probably going to just hook up to computer and go from there but that is my very last option I would like to do so if anybody has any ideas please let me know lol.

Thank you in advance to anybody who takes the time to help I really appreciate it!!!

P.s. I'm on stock 4.1.1 rooted running franco kernal. The kernal is the only thing I've changed other then that I'm all stock.

The kernel is likely your issue, you have to be on stock kernel as well to accept the OTA.

OP
cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
As soon as I posted this I figured that's what it probably was is there a way I can get back to stock kernal by flashing a zip? I'm on JRO03O

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
As soon as I posted this I figured that's what it probably was is there a way I can get back to stock kernal by flashing a zip? I'm on JRO03O

I am sure there is a stock kernel that could be flashed floating around somewhere. Perhaps one of the kernel devs have it in their OP.

Alternatively, you could also use the factory images to get back to stock. Found here Downside to this, is that you will have to download a ~250mb file for the kernel, which is a ~5mb file.

OP
cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
I just reflashed stock and now I'm on 4.2.2 but I'm having a problem I want to install a zip but when I go to my recovery it's not showing up at all I'm using cwm. Have any ideas?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I just reflashed stock and now I'm on 4.2.2 but I'm having a problem I want to install a zip but when I go to my recovery it's not showing up at all I'm using cwm. Have any ideas?

How old is your recovery? With 4.2 it brought along some changes for multi-user support, which made the recovery devs make some changes to work properly with 4.2 .