how do i find different roms to choose which one i would like to put on my droid x

kendeezy

Reaction score
im looking to figure out how to root and put a rom or something on my droid x but i have never done it before and honestly dont know how to even start. Can anyone help me find some nice roms to choose from and help me with installing? :blackdroid:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The Droid X Rom's section a couple below this one might be a good place to start.

OP
kendeezy

kendeezy

Reaction score
does it show what the screens and rom will look like so i can see if it is something that i would like?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there are probably screen shots somewhere in the ROMs thread.

OP
kendeezy

kendeezy

Reaction score
is rooting the process of putting a rom on the phone? and if it is then is it capable of breaking your phone at all or putting it at risk for anything?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes its a first step and yes, you can "break" your phone if you don't know what you are doing.

Sent from my DROIDX

scubieman

Reaction score
is rooting the process of putting a rom on the phone? and if it is then is it capable of breaking your phone at all or putting it at risk for anything?

Please don't take a offensive but I would say get a jeffery feeling for all the processes with the forums. Rooting is just getting full access to phone. Roms are switching the operating system.

cpjr

Reaction score
Unless the ROM comes with a theme of some sort you wont need screen shots because it will "look" the same as your stock phone.