How do I accept the upgrade if I'm already rooted?

amajamar

Reaction score
I'm already rooted (using the Wug tool) running stock 4.02.

What is the correct procedure to accept the upgrade? Do I need to unroot and relock then accept the update?

Will I be able to use the tool to reroot?

Just trying to do it correctly the first time!

Thanks in advance!

pool_shark

Reaction score
You can still get the update if your rooted as long as no preinstalled apps are missing and youre not using a custom ROM.
I don't know if the methods to root 4.0.2 will work on 4.0.4.
You can also try rootkeeper from the market.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
So if I unfreeze the stock apps it should install? Cause it failef to install last time I let it run. Had to battery pull.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If the apps are merely frozen, it should install. If you deleted any apps that shouldn't be deleted, that's another story.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

droid_mike

Reaction score
Make sure you are using stock recovery and not clockwork or something else. To check, download the Android Root Toolkit app from the app store. It will verify which recovery you are using. The newer version of Wug's installs clockwork for you automatically. The older versions do not... I think...

According to the Android Root Toolkit, I'm running CDMA/LTE toro stock 4.02 with filename stock-402-lte-vzw-cdma-recovery.img

I think that means stock recovery. Can anyone confirm for me? I'm a bit of a newbie to all this...

From what I've read if stock recovery is being used then it should be ok... I hope... Try at your own risk. When I get my update I'll let you know if root w/ stock recovery is OK for the update. Fingers crossed.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
Make sure you are using stock recovery and not clockwork or something else. To check, download the Android Root Toolkit app from the app store. It will verify which recovery you are using. The newer version of Wug's installs clockwork for you automatically. The older versions do not... I think...

According to the Android Root Toolkit, I'm running CDMA/LTE toro stock 4.02 with filename stock-402-lte-vzw-cdma-recovery.img

I think that means stock recovery. Can anyone confirm for me? I'm a bit of a newbie to all this...

From what I've read if stock recovery is being used then it should be ok... I hope... Try at your own risk. When I get my update I'll let you know if root w/ stock recovery is OK for the update. Fingers crossed.

It probably does have to do with the recovery. I did use the Wug's tool, and I know I have the clockwork recovery installed. I think I can revert. I'll try and let you know.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
It probably does have to do with the recovery. I did use the Wug's tool, and I know I have the clockwork recovery installed. I think I can revert. I'll try and let you know.

I did need to use the wug tool again and replace cmr recovery with stock recovery. It then upgraded fine. I did lose root so I'm glad I used rootkeeper.