New Nexus owner, quick question...

mgsnat88

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so i just got a galaxy nexus off some guy on craigslist. the original owner had it rooted and flashed to jelly bean. I asked him to restore it to stock and which he did i believe. It was restored to 4.0.4 ICS. now also i relocked the boot loader because it was unlocked using wugs tool. I personally don't like rooting phones so thats why i did it. now that it is back to stock and locked boot loader, is this phone able to receive OTA updates again or did rooting ruin it??

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so i just got a galaxy nexus off some guy on craigslist. the original owner had it rooted and flashed to jelly bean. I asked him to restore it to stock and which he did i believe. It was restored to 4.0.4 ICS. now also i relocked the boot loader because it was unlocked using wugs tool. I personally don't like rooting phones so thats why i did it. now that it is back to stock and locked boot loader, is this phone able to receive OTA updates again or did rooting ruin it??

As long as you are stock and on stock recovery you will be able to accept OTAs no problem.

OP
M

mgsnat88

Reaction score
Nope, like cupfulloflol said if its back on stock then you should be fine.
Is there any reason why you don't like rooting your phones? Just being curious.

I personally don't like to deal with custom roms. Even though I can root phones, I hate when they get bricked. I also like to hold on to my warranty. I know you can recover back to stock but there's the risk. I rather use the phone like the manufacturer intended.