How did you get Droided?

bpad10

Reaction score
My wife and i were using the enV2. Ouch! As soon as i saw that verizon was coming out with the droid I HAD to have one. My wife is unable to upgrade until Feb 13......She doesn't like my droid, but I think she may like the Eris.

She says she hates the feel of the keypad, and how touchy the screen can be. then again she's still using the enV2. I'm excited to get her one:icon_ banana:

MKnightMD

Reaction score
snazzy commercials got me intrigued. Phone got me hooked. Slick, sick, quick...wife has iPhone 3GS...no comparison...cant wait for the upgrade. Had xv6800...aside from freezing issues, no complaints. all I have to say is....DROID DOES

BeckBJJ

Reaction score
My husband (RLJSlick on this forum...note the similar avatars...we each use one of our twin terror kittens) was due for his NE2 upgrade in July 2010 but received an offer to upgrade to the Droid early at the NE2 upgrade price, so after much consternation (we had to call, have them put his line as the main line on our account, then order the phone online with the rep still on the phone, then have them switch the lines back) he did that at the beginning of December.

My NE2 date was October 2010. I had a Motorola Krave that I had a love/hate relationship with. I prefer flip phones and I liked it, but a bunch of little things about it were driving me nuts. Well, a few days ago in the mail I got the same offer my husband got to upgrade now at the NE2 price. Works for me! Tried to do it by phone but the third rep I was transferred to (they were trying to find someone who could authorize the deal I was offered) finally gave up and said their lines were too busy and to call back. No thanks, so off we went to the Verizon store that was listed on the card I had received, and they had me hooked up in about ten minutes flat! :rockon:

Love the Droid so far, even though it's not a flip! ;)

Becky

Last edited:

fjmarch

Reaction score
I carried around a treo 650 for years waiting for a better phone to hit the market on Verizon's network. I was keeping an eye on the Droid from the first post about it's possible existence. When I found out about launch date I marked my calendar and headed to the local store first thing. Lucky for me they opened early and not many knew so I was one of the first non-Verizon employee persons to own this awesome phone.

li2327

Reaction score
I had a storm2 and took it back for the eris. After that I kept seeing the droid commericials and it kept calling my name. :D

R E M Y

Reaction score
.... had tmobile for as long as I can remember , last phone tmobile g1. Absolutely loveddddd that phone. Was debating whether to upgrade to the mytouch. Night before I was supposed to pay my bill saw a droid commerical, next day went to verizon and got my droid. I got it the beginning of december.=)

souljerr

Reaction score
I've been a Palm user forever. Most recently had a Treo 700w and was thinking about the Palm Pre but it wasn't Verizon. I figured I'd get the Storm but the reviews were terrible. Started hearing rumblings about the Droid. Boy I'm glad I waited.

cb2000a

Reaction score
My freakin IT prof kept saying how awesome it was, everyday in class, so I just decided that I had to have it.

He has the apple.

Plus I was having problems with my Tour

Good one!

I came from ATT after 16 years. Last phone was a Nokia e71...saw the Droid ad and knew greatness when I saw it.

cb2000a

Reaction score
My wife and i were using the enV2. Ouch! As soon as i saw that verizon was coming out with the droid I HAD to have one. My wife is unable to upgrade until Feb 13......She doesn't like my droid, but I think she may like the Eris.

She says she hates the feel of the keypad, and how touchy the screen can be. then again she's still using the enV2. I'm excited to get her one:icon_ banana:

She may want the Nexus when it comes to Verizon.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was with AT&T for the past few years. We had to leave Verizon for AT&T when we lived in Charlotte but they were well, crap. But since the move to TN AT&T coverage has been crap and Customer Service was abysmal. Contract was up with AT&T so made the move to Verizon. Have been eying the Droids since they first came out but wasn't really pleased with the hardware. After seeing the specs for the Moto Droid it looked like a decent phone. I was coming from the Tilt2 (and the Tilt before that) so I did not want to loose the power, screen size or physical keyboard which until now all the Droid phones had lacked.

Overall I'm pleased with it. Hardware is great and the OS is still very young but shows great potential. Personally the only thing I see as a possible weakness is the Marketplace. I have no problem with the app selection (i.e. number of apps) but I think Google needs to get a lot tighter with it. There seems to be too many apps that either don't work or work so poorly they would never pass even a basic QC check from Google. I understand there are several versions of the OS and that's possibly part of the problem. Perhaps a way to screen apps for ones that are confirmed (or tested) to work on specific releases of the OS or something to that effect. Just my $.02

graff_king

Reaction score
I am a phone junkie at heart. I had been a BB user for 2 years (started with 8130) and the current phone I had/still have as it is still active, is the storm2. I also have droid and eris now. I am about to drop bb and go to only droid. Had been a walking blackberry advertisement since I had em and now am turning everyone I know that has the sense to hop onto the android os. It is by far my fave OS that I have used and I have had various winmo and bb devices in the past. Am debating on what device to get to replace the storm2 since I can't seem to leave well enough alone and use only 1 device.

tonton

Reaction score
Got the Voyager the day it came out, then my new every 2 was due wanted a new phone and saw this. Thought about getting BB2 for like 2 seconds. Found the forums and you tube stuff and liked what I saw. My bro has the G1 and has flashed his phone countless times and the apps that I saw him dl were pretty cool. Can't stand the iPhone and AT&T sucks here. Have a couple of buddies that work for Verizon and they said they liked the phone. So I got up early and was the first in line, ok only one in line, @ 7a.m., but got my phone 1st and love it. Data was only $15 more than I was already spending on Voyager so no brainer.

Detcord

Reaction score
Had a voyager with a cracked front screen and NO money(not even the $50 to replace the screen). happened to get a flier from verizon in the mail like 3 days after the droid came out saying I can get a 2 year upgrade 18 months early.

As I was reading the flier at the mailbox, a guy comes to look at my land rover discovery I had been trying to offload for the last 6 months; he looks at it(filthy and had a dead battery) and heads to the bank to get cash without even letting me find my jump box to start it for him. After the short pink slip paperwork and receiving my deposit envelope stuffed with hundreds, I rushed to verizon to get what I had been dreaming about.

superglen99

Reaction score
I didn't even know when my upgrade date was. My brother, 2 brothers in law and siser in law have iphones. I had a dare and know all the horror stories of horrible att coverage. I saw the original "droid does" commercial and just caught the end of it and was like what the heck was that?? I saw it again a couple days later and went to the website and googled it. I checked my upgrade date and early upgrade was available for me!! I got caught up in the iphone killer hype. I wanted to show my bros and sis that the iphone was not king anymore and with verizon backing it I was like hell yeah! so I bought one and have convinced and iphone would-be buyer to get the droid and showed my bros and sis whats up:) iphone=old news. Droid does!!

Detcord

Reaction score
I didn't even know when my upgrade date was. My brother, 2 brothers in law and siser in law have iphones. I had a dare and know all the horror stories of horrible att coverage. I saw the original "droid does" commercial and just caught the end of it and was like what the heck was that?? I saw it again a couple days later and went to the website and googled it. I checked my upgrade date and early upgrade was available for me!! I got caught up in the iphone killer hype. I wanted to show my bros and sis that the iphone was not king anymore and with verizon backing it I was like hell yeah! so I bought one and have convinced and iphone would-be buyer to get the droid and showed my bros and sis whats up:) iphone=old news. Droid does!!

qft - iphone friends try so hard but just can never beat the "i didnt need to risk bricking my phone to get most of these apps"