How did you get Droided?

nite1964

Reaction score
being hearing impaired I've noticed the Motorola phones are the loudest... I was hanging onto my Q for dear life haha. I saw an email from Verizon about the Droid and ordered it online (thats right, never picked it up or tried it out before ordering it haha), it was a Bday / Christmas present to myself. I'm very happy with it after a 1 1/2 months.

Detcord

Reaction score
being hearing impaired I've noticed the Motorola phones are the loudest... I was hanging onto my Q for dear life haha. I saw an email from Verizon about the Droid and ordered it online (thats right, never picked it up or tried it out before ordering it haha), it was a Bday / Christmas present to myself. I'm very happy with it after a 1 1/2 months.

glad to hear it. tho i suppose if you have hearing issues you can pop the speakerphone and set it to whatever allows you to hear it normally... though privacy issues do come to mind.

SANhacker

Reaction score
I was pulling some clothes out of the washer and found my Motorola RAZR in the bottom of the machine. Freudian or not, this made getting the Droid a no brainer.

Obviously, this is my first smart phone. I had no idea how much I had been missing until last week when I picked up the Droid. I can't put the damn thing down!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i was an :iphone: 3gs fanboy. Pimped the thing like I worked for the company. I broke the phone out and showed off pandora, espn, and nfl. I told every body that they need to go get the :iphone: because it was the greatest invention. 2.5 months after i purchases it I noticed the :iphone: would not hold a 3g signal so I called att. After all the back and forth between apple and att and not getting my phone fixed I paid the etf and switched to verizon. I am satisfied with the droid, though at first I was ready to ditch it because I was so use to apple that it took me awhile to get use to the :greendroid: os. The big turning point was nfl sunday ticket on the :greendroid: market. After having my beloved app from the iphone i had to give the vzw rep a fist bump for not allowing me to switch to the storm 2 (i was thinking about switching because the storm2 had the nfl app). After detoxing off the :iphone: high I was able to appreciate the phone as a different phone. To me it is the better phone, it may not have all the apps as the :iphone: but it makes up for it in all the features that the iphone just can not do. I am not a fanboy (anymore) so i am no longer going to tell some one to get this phone or that phone. Do what you want its your money. I know I am cool wit the phone.

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
So I had been on Verizon since May--after having left Sprint. When I got to Verizon, I decided--after using it in the store--that I really liked the BB Storm 1. Well, after a month, I figured out that it was a terrible phone for a power-user. So I went back to my curve.

By October of last year, Verizon had given me THREE replacement curves because they kept breaking. About two weeks before the Droid came out, my phone broke again...I decided to give Customer service a try again.

So they sent me a new phone, and guess what? It broke in three days....I thought I was screwed...But I was smart and made customer service confirm that I would get a discount after two replacements--I went through four.

So when the Droid came out, I called Verizon, argued with them--albeit politely--and 10 minutes later, I had a full discount.

Three days later, I was walking around with the sound "DROOOOOIID" coming from my pocket every time I received a text message.

And i'm lovin' it after about two months. :)

actrack03

Reaction score
My cousin works for Google and I have been jealous of his phone since he had a G1 before they were even available publicly. When I saw the Google logo at the end of the Droid commercial, that was it I had to have it. No regrets and with all the things you can do with the Droid its like a new phone every few weeks for me. Now I look at my Storm like I look at some of my x-girlfiends and say what the heck was I thinking.

antyoo

Reaction score
I had a touch pro.

to date it was the best windows mobile phone i have used(i had the xv6700, xv 6800, and then the TP), despite being gimped down compared to the sprint version

i was actually fairly happy with it, but reading the reviews on the droid got me interested in it. i talked to a friend that has the g1 and he said he loved the android os, so that got the wheels turning.

the kicker was when i saw that buying a droid with contract you could get an eris for free with contract. my sister was sick of her voyager and we had 2 available upgrades on our family plan.

we went to the verizon store so she could play with the eris, but it turned out she didnt like the phone. instead she wanted the BB curve 8530. i talked to the store manager and asked them to match the free eris deal on the curve 8530. the manager matched it no problem and my sister and i left with new phones.

The droid is the best smartphone i have had, its the first one that is actually decent at being a phone, lol.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
My cousin works for Google and I have been jealous of his phone since he had a G1 before they were even available publicly. When I saw the Google logo at the end of the Droid commercial, that was it I had to have it. No regrets and with all the things you can do with the Droid its like a new phone every few weeks for me. Now I look at my Storm like I look at some of my x-girlfiends and say what the heck was I thinking.
I sold mine as soon as the Droid was in my hand. Used the Droid to take pics of that POS for Craigslist LOL

Yno

Reaction score
I had been with AT&T for many years, starting with dumb phones. I gave up my Daytimer for a Palm PDA long ago, but I hated carrying around two devices – which usually meant I left the Palm home. I have been using a Treo 680 smart phone for a few years and liked it pretty well, but it did have issues. I really like having a desktop calendar on my computers, but I didn’t want to use Outlook, which I use for work. So I was syncing my Palm with a desktop at work, a desktop at home, and a laptop wherever. Then I started having issues with the USB cables. The contacts seemed to get corroded, and I had a heck of a job getting the device to communicate. Bluetooth was slow, but when I got a Vista desktop at home, I had to use it, as there was no USB suport. After a while, I started getting error messages (very common according to the number of complaints in different forums) and it didn’t work at all at home. Finally, I had to sync my Palm at work and take the files home on a flash drive to be installed manually. Real pain in the rear! Then Palm decided to dump the whole desktop application with the Pre and force users to ‘cloud’ computing.
In addition, most of the people I know with Verizon service get better signal strength at a number of places where I go camping, so I had incentive to switch carriers. Finally, with the buy a Droid get an Eris free deal, I could update Ynette’s phone from the old flip hand me down she has been using on my second line.
So long AT&T, hello Verizon and the Droid!

scrap4u

Reaction score
We've been with Verizon for years and even though I really wanted an Iphone, I wasn't about to leave VZW for ATT. Their service is terrible here.

So I had the LG Voyager--loved the keyboard, hated their touch screen. Then I started seeing the Droid commercials on TV. But my NE2 wasn't happening until May 2010.

I received a postcard in the mail to upgrade early for a $25.00 fee. Called VZW and they told me I had to wait until 11/6 to order my Droid and they could switch my plan around and it would actually be cheaper than what I was paying for my husband's Boulder and my Voyager.

Called them as soon as I got to work at 9am on 11/6 and ordered my Droid. Had never seen it or touched it but knew I had to have it. I did go into the VZW store over that weekend to get a case for it and played with it there.

It came in on 11/10 to work and I could barely work the rest of the day. All I wanted to do was play with my Droid. Very happy camper here!

zenkiderek

Reaction score
I had been using the enV for about 3 years and was sick of LG. The phone would shut off everytime I pressed send on a message the night before i got "DROIDed," and it had been doing it off and on for months.

I got a new job a few months ago that has business discounts for VZW, so when I went in to switch the family plan to my number to receive the discount, I found out it would save me more than the cost of the unlimited data plan. I played with the ERIS and was stoked on it, then when I tried the DROID I knew I just had to fork over the extra $100. Not regretting it for a second.

Murz

Reaction score
Had the V-Cast for the past 4 years. My pound button and a couple others stopped working, so I needed a new phone. Had always wanted an iPhone, but dident want to leave Verizon. The Droid was released right around the time my buttons stopped working, so it was an easy decision.

Now if I can just get my girlfriend to switch over from AT&T... :reddroid:

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had the V-Cast for the past 4 years. My pound button and a couple others stopped working, so I needed a new phone. Had always wanted an iPhone, but dident want to leave Verizon. The Droid was released right around the time my buttons stopped working, so it was an easy decision.

Now if I can just get my girlfriend to switch over from AT&T... :reddroid:

It's been awhile since we visited this so among the tens of thousands of NEW Droids i was wanting to hear your story...dancedroid