how can I keep all audio files from showing in my music player?

velocity92c

Reaction score
For example, all recordings in my micdroid, and some game sounds are all in my music list when I listen to music. How can I fix this? Can I tell the music player to only look at a certain directory? Or is there an app that will do this?

OSX2000

Reaction score
You can't tell it to only look in the music folder, but you can put blank text files, each titled ".nomedia" (NOT .nomedia.txt) in any folders containing sounds you don't want the music player to find. Any folder with that file gets ignored. Works almost as well.

lgudema

Reaction score
You can't tell it to only look in the music folder, but you can put blank text files, each titled ".nomedia" (NOT .nomedia.txt) in any folders containing sounds you don't want the music player to find. Any folder with that file gets ignored. Works almost as well.

How do you create a txt file on the Droid X?

And if you put it in the parent level folder, does it apply to all children, or do you need to put it into each child folder, too?

thanks

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
So I made a blank txt file named .nomedia, and while it is a .txt file, the .txt is not visible in the filename, and the media is still showing in my music player. I guess I wasn't supposed to make a .txt file but I don't know how to create a text file on Android. Can you elaborate please?

OSX2000

Reaction score
Use Astro, or your file manager of choice, to make sure the .nomedia files don't have ".txt" on the ends of their names. That's probably why they're not working.

And yes, when in a parent folder, .nomedia applies to all children as well.

frankwainscott

Reaction score
I use PowerAMP, you can get unlock version on apknite.com . It allows you to choose which folder to display