Using the Droid as a sole music and movie player.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't even use the apps on my ipod anymore. I pretty much use my droidfor all the apps now too.

Me neither, I have tweetie 2.1 on my iPod but for some reason using Twidroid free on my droid is more satisfying even though Tweetie 2.1 has a better UI. Interesting...

imiller913

Reaction score
I use my droid for everything I can, I figure I might as well get my moneys worth out of it. And only have to carry one device

drdave

Reaction score
Equalizer for music on the Eris?

Has anyone found an equalizer for the music player on the Eris? Is it possible there is an App for this?!

tehnick

Reaction score
hey, sorry to use my first post for this... i have noticed that when playing music, the beginning of the song will randomly cut out if i switch songs manually or my droid does it automatically at the end of the song. it doesn't always do it, but it is random and will do it on all songs and not on the same songs at times. my blackberry storm did the same until some software updates, and i have noticed the phone has done this since day 1 before any apps installed.

it has also done this in other players i have tried from the market. anyone else experiencing similar issues?

bmchan

Reaction score
I use my Touch for podcasts that I update via iTunes. What app do people use to sync:

1. Exisiting itunes music library
  2. Podcasts
Thanks

FireDroid

Reaction score
Itunes agent is what I use to sync.

No, I dont have that problem.

Zac7

Reaction score
I still use my ipod for in my car but wouldn't mind getting an fm transmitter for my droid. How is the bluetooth fm transmitter? Anyone have it like it? Worth the 99 bucks? I also have a hard time getting rid of my ipod touch cause the games and itunes. I have a mac and its so difficult to sync music to the droid with an ipod u just connect and boom. Anyone know if there is a program that syncs music as easy as itunes? I know twist is supposedly good but its not compatible with my mac as I still am running tiger :(

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my iPod Touch has officially been replaced by my droid having aBluetooth Pioneer deck in my 4Runner means no cables to be attached like I used with my Ipod. I only have to carry around 1 piece of equipment. I'll likely give the iPod Touch to the wife.

I have had LG phones with MP3's on them for ever now but have NEVER used them as my MP3 player I alway had a separate player or iPod for music.

DROID > iPod

-=Jason=-

OP
H

HeroNova

Reaction score
Would just like to happily report back and say that both my iPod Touches went on eBay and the sales are complete. Been using my Droid for everything now and it does not disappoint.

OP
H

HeroNova

Reaction score
I use my Touch for podcasts that I update via iTunes. What app do people use to sync:

1. Exisiting itunes music library
  2. Podcasts
Thanks

I use DoubleTwist to sync my itunes with my droid. Works smoothly with iTunes and syncs everything.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'd be willing to bet I could fetch $100 for my 16gig iPod Touch..hrm... that would make my Droid purchase a wash..... but I am keeping the ipod touch

-=Jason=-

OP
H

HeroNova

Reaction score
i'd be willing to bet I could fetch $100 for my 16gig iPod Touch..hrm... that would make my Droid purchase a wash..... but I am keeping the ipod touch

-=Jason=-

I got $135 for my first generation 8gig touch and $205 for my second generation 16gig touch.

Not too shabby. Paid for my Droid at least.

DHood

Reaction score
I'm tired of carrying around two devices and to be honest I could really use some extra pocket cash.

I am thinking about selling my iPods. I have an 8gb touch and a 16gb touch. Before I try to sell them though I wanted to know if anyone else used their Droid in place of an iPod or any other mp3 player.

Some questions or concerns I had about using my Droid for everything (phone, data, music, movies, games, etc.) were: Sound quality, battery drain, movie quality, lag when using music or movie player, taking calls or sms during music. Or anything else you guys can think of.

I guess what I'm asking is what you guys thought about using the Droid as a main music player?

My droid has all my music on it, plus i download some directly to the phone and skip the computer with iMusic. I use it as my ipod everytime I'm in the car (hook it up to come through the speakers) and it sounds great. I use my phone and it normally lasts me all day and I put it on the charger over night and I'm good again till bed again.

I would also like to add that I use my phone average amount if not more for all droid users.

Also, it's better than the ipod for these reasons:
- If a call comes in, it auto-pauses.
- If you navigate, the music pauses and you can hear the instructions without a worry.
- You don't need 2 devices.
- Pandora (or other internet radio)