How can I get Skype video???

305rev305

Reaction score
Downloading the Skype app will not make video conference work...How can I get it to work???

1android

Reaction score
OUCH....posting a link from a competitors website?? lol I kid I kid. I am on that site also...

Click here for the download link!

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Haha yeah..... There can never be enough Droid news. But good call I didn't even think about that.

by the beard of Zeus

kirKauai

Reaction score
I downloaded the new Skype for my Thunderbolt. Be sure to delete your previous Skype version. The new Skype works fine on my Thunderbolt...better than my desktop at work!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Droid Forums

1android

Reaction score
I downloaded the apk zip file. got signed in on the laptop and on my phone. Made the call from laptop and it came in on my phone as a phone call. How do I run skype on my phone as a video chat?

KillerKPD

Reaction score
I downloaded the apk zip file. got signed in on the laptop and on my phone. Made the call from laptop and it came in on my phone as a phone call. How do I run skype on my phone as a video chat?

there should be an option that shows a camera for video chatting. I skype from my TB to my wife on her macbook and it works pretty darn good.

techguru

Reaction score
OUCH....posting a link from a competitors website?? lol I kid I kid. I am on that site also...

Click here for the download link!

I know you kid.. but Droid-Life blog is not a competitor. IN fact, most of the blog posts get copied here too. Their forum maybe.

Alan

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
This version does not work with Blue Tooth (You can hear the other person over the blue tooth but your voice is still being picked up by the phone mic.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Anyone tried this over WiFi vs. 3G? I was on WiFI the other night and tried to video Skype but it wasn't working. Would act like it was bring up the video, but then just go back to the regular "in call" screen. Didn't try it over 3G, but is that the only way to get it to work?

crushalot

Reaction score
Anyone tried this over WiFi vs. 3G? I was on WiFI the other night and tried to video Skype but it wasn't working. Would act like it was bring up the video, but then just go back to the regular "in call" screen. Didn't try it over 3G, but is that the only way to get it to work?

I figured out that if you are calling someone on a PC, they need to have the latest version (5.x) because if they are still on 4.x on the PC the video calling doesn't work with the Skype on the Thunderbolt and it acts exactly like you stated. Make sure whoever you are calling has the latest version.
The video chat really needs WiFi or 4G, because on just 3G, it will do audio, but the video is crazy choppy if it works at all.

Also unlike the previous poster, my Bluetooth headset (Plantronics 510) works perfectly with the Skype video chatting for both call audio and mic for speaking to the other party. Make sure you turn on Bluetooth and connect your headset before starting Skype.

Crush

rovagu22

Reaction score
I tried downloading this file, once i am done downloading it and i try to open it, it says "There is a problem parsing the package" and thats it, it won't open.

How can this be fixed?

Thank You

deere_x475guy

Reaction score

I figured out that if you are calling someone on a PC, they need to have the latest version (5.x) because if they are still on 4.x on the PC the video calling doesn't work with the Skype on the Thunderbolt and it acts exactly like you stated. Make sure whoever you are calling has the latest version.
The video chat really needs WiFi or 4G, because on just 3G, it will do audio, but the video is crazy choppy if it works at all.

Also unlike the previous poster, my Bluetooth headset (Plantronics 510) works perfectly with the Skype video chatting for both call audio and mic for speaking to the other party. Make sure you turn on Bluetooth and connect your headset before starting Skype.

Crush
Ok..back to the store I go...I just bought this Jawbone Era...I will try the Plantronics brand. I know it won't work with the Jawbone or my Rockfish stereo that I have had and used on skype with my Droid 1 and Droid X. And this was using the Skype test call...so that rules out what others are using.

Last edited:

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I downloaded it and installed perfectly. So far, seems to work just fine. But I can't find a way to get it to close after starting, other than force closing it in the applications settings. This kind of design is annoying. It's similar to the PC version, just doesn't want to shut down, but at least there's a way to do it finally on a PC. Why would the developers not put a "quit" feature in this app?

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
I downloaded it and installed perfectly. So far, seems to work just fine. But I can't find a way to get it to close after starting, other than force closing it in the applications settings. This kind of design is annoying. It's similar to the PC version, just doesn't want to shut down, but at least there's a way to do it finally on a PC. Why would the developers not put a "quit" feature in this app?

Are you using bluetooth with it? To close just go to the status tab and select sign off.
My bad...go to the "My Info" ran than status.