How can I download files to the "external" SD card?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know anything about this BUT, why not remove the sd card, plug it into your computer, move the files to it and return it to the S5?
While I agree this solution works, having to do so is like moving to ios or the old Windows Mobile os, totally unandroid like in previous versions. Total opposite of "portable on the fly" I've grown accustomed to.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

WTF??

Reaction score
Very easy on a stock S5. Enable developer options. Inside developer options, enable USB debugging. Now possible to load data directly to the SD card while phone is plugged into the PC.

Developer options enabled by tapping on build number 7 times. I think it's the build number? This also works on the S3.

What does this USB debugging help when files can be downloaded directly when plugged in while in stock form

tomthbomb

Reaction score
I did this with mixed results. I was able to move a music file to the sd but the albums/songs were jumbled up.

Now I use a small thumb drive with a usb connector on one end and a micro usb on the other end. The dash mounted phone cradle allows this because it is open on the bottom.

zangetsu

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
there is one way, your device should be rooted, then download SDFIX from the Playstore. after running SDFIX, you should have complete access to your external SD card ^_^

Reactions: cr6