Hotspot really not working with my laptop

doodie

Reaction score
I have a Mac. Since I found out the Droid does not work with it, I added the hotspot package so I could at least have internet service via my phone.

It really does not work. I'm only building my frustrations regarding the Droid.

Does anybody else have this issue? Is it because my computer is a MAC? Or is the hotspot just not a very good overall service?

Alm3ga

Reaction score
Umm.. an app called easytether might help you. You just download it off the app market and choose the mac drivers. Try it out!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i never paid for the hotspot package, but i can tell you easytether works great. i actually you recommend you cancel your hotspot package and save yourself some money and grab easytether. you could also root but that's a whole different route

Groundhog45

Reaction score
I got Easytether working on my Droid1 under Froyo. It is having problems since the Droid updated to 83D. It will connect but takes me to a VZW website telling me to sign up for a $20 data package to use that feature. Haven't figured out how to get around that yet.

OP
D

doodie

Reaction score
Well not sure which worked but downloaded easy tether and pda net and it works like a charm! Cancelled hotspot now saving $20 a month. I'm a happy camper! Thanks for your help...