Cannot Connect to Windows 7 Hotspot

TinGodz

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid does not receive a signal from a tethered Windows 7 wifi hotspot. However, my iPod does receive the signal and I can connect to the wifi hotspot to use the Internet flawlessly. A coworker of mine has the same problem with their Droid. I do not think the problem lies within the phone because I can connect to wifi hotspots elsewhere with no problems at all. It just seems like there is some sort compatibility issue between a tethered Windows 7 hotspot and the Droid. For the record, this problem occurred pre- and post-rooting, so that is definitely not a factor.

Any idea what's going on?

Caveat: I have mercilessly tried Googling and searching these forums for the resolution to this issue but cannot find anything.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its a compatibility issue. I have Wireless Tether on my main phone and my test phone won't pick it up. My iPhone, however, will run perfect on it.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
TinGodz

TinGodz

Reaction score
So the Droid does not pick up any tethered wifi signal? Any clue as to why this would be?

OP
TinGodz

TinGodz

Reaction score
Bump. Still having the same issue. Rooted OG Droid on Froyo does not pick up any Vista/Win7 hot spot. However, my coworker who also has a rooted OG Droid can pick up the hot spots. Originally they told me they could not, but then demonstrated that they could.

As aforementioned, I can still connect to "typical" wifi hot spots.

Anyone have any input?

OP
TinGodz

TinGodz

Reaction score
This is not true as noted by my coworker connecting his Droid to an ad hoc network.

Is there anyone with any knowledge on this situation?