Hotmail Corporate Sync Stopped working

poboy975

Reaction score
Hi, ok so Im running the DarkSlide 4.2 rom, have been for months now with zero problems. I had hotmail setup through the corporate sync and it also worked beautifully with no problems. Username, password, and server was m.hotmail.com. I could see all of my hotmail folders, I could move emails, and delete them and it would two-way sync between my desktop and my phone almost instantly.
Like I said it worked great for months. about 3 - 5 days ago, it stopped syncing. came up with a connection error. and now it doesnt work.
I found several threads asking about this but the only solution I found that worked for some people ie...factory resetting the phone...didn't work for me. I tried it, and no go.
I can setup hotmail through the normal email app, with the pop3 settings, but I dont want to do that because it does not work as well, it does not show me my folders where I store important emails, it does not sync two-way.
so, any ideas what happened to the corporate sync? there have been no updates, I'm on the same rom I've been on for months now. I dont want to push to gmail for same reason, no access to folders etc. I have tried removing and resetting up the corporate sync several times before I tried the factory reset. nothing.

OP
P

poboy975

Reaction score
update

ok, so after days and days of frustration. when I woke up this morning it works again. I have no idea what changed in the 6 hours or so that I slept.

matjmonk

Reaction score
Hi, ok so Im running the DarkSlide 4.2 rom, have been for months now with zero problems. I had hotmail setup through the corporate sync and it also worked beautifully with no problems. Username, password, and server was m.hotmail.com. I could see all of my hotmail folders, I could move emails, and delete them and it would two-way sync between my desktop and my phone almost instantly.

Ok, so how did you get your Hotmail to work as a two-way sync???? This is my biggest complaint with my DX. I'm also using DS42 (Blur) and have my hotmail setup as a corporate sync account using the m.hotmail.com server. I do get my emails but they are never marked as read when I go back into Hotmail nor are they deleted when I delete them on the phone. I've also tried a couple of apps from the market but none of them worked satisfactorily. I even spent a couple of days reading everything I could find in Google search but couldn't get this to work so I pretty much just gave up. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

OP
P

poboy975

Reaction score
well, It's not two way anymore...it used to be before. I dont know what I did, it's not like there are a bunch of options you can change. there aren't any options really. The only benefit for me now is the fact that I can see all my hotmail folders, I can move emails around.