Hotmail wont delete on hotmail server

06z71silvy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to this forum but have searched it and found many topics pertaining to what i am posting... BUT, my issue is not fixed which is why i am creating a new topic..

I have setup my hotmail on my X via the pop3 , also tried corp sync , and no matter which way i try, it will not delete the messages from the hotmail server! Its setup now perfect to where i test email myself and the phone notifys me immediately ... but still wont delete ti from the server. How do i fix this. I know im missing something simple.. thanx in advance :cus: :)

baker355

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have posted about it as well. I have not found a solution either. If I figure it out I'll post it. Surely someone has already figured it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

skatergod

Reaction score
One thing to consider is that Hotmail's servers only allow you to sign in once every fifteen minutes from an outside app. So if your trying to delete or refresh your mail and see instant results, its not going to happen. Wait some time and sign back in, see if your issue has resolves itself. Also make sure your aacount is set to sync automatically. Hope I'm being more helpful than redundant.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP

06z71silvy

Reaction score
When i had my LG dare, i had the same email acct hooked up thru the email client and whenever i got a new email it would alert me immediately, and when i deleted them on the phone, it would delete on the server.

This should be simple for a droid! I wonder if i stopped in at verizon if they would know.. i was sure someone on the site would know!

MichaelSygo

Reaction score
here is what you do

goto aaccounts click your hotmail
then click other setings
click the remove manually delelted emails from server you are done they will deleat from phone now
make sure your on manul setup