hook droid up to monitor and use for internet access

davedroid2323

Reaction score
Is there anyway to hook my droid up to a laptop (that does not have internet access at the time) and use my 3G coverage for the internet. And view over the laptop?

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
If you mean you are wanting to use your phone's internet on your computer the answer is yes. There is an app called PDAnet that will allow you to connect your phone via USB to your computer and connect to the internet on your computer through your phone.

Guurzak

Reaction score
The Droid has no video-out capability, so you can't use it as a terminal and hook it up to your monitor. However, there's an easy way to solve the larger problem (no internet for your PC): Just use your droid as a cellular modem and share your internet connection to your PC.

SholesMod and most of the other custom ROMs have "WiFi Tethering" built in, so if you root your phone you're ready to go. If you don't want to root, you can download PDANet which will do the same thing over a USB cable.

OP
D

davedroid2323

Reaction score
Pdanet

AWESOME!! but all I can find is the free version. is the full version called something else?

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
The free version is all I have been using since November and it works great.

Guurzak

Reaction score
Install the free version. If you like it and want to keep it after the trial period, you just buy a keycode from the dev's website and punch it in.

(Note that even if you don't buy a key, the trial keeps working for regular websites; it just blocks secure https sites.)

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
(Note that even if you don't buy a key, the trial keeps working for regular websites; it just blocks secure https sites.)

Only if you update the app which most haven't because of this block.:icon_ devil: