Homescreen Lags When Using Processor Intensive Apps

cj1896

Reaction score
Does anyone else experience lag in the loading of their homescreen when they use an app that puts a lot of stress on the processor?

Whenever I use Maps, or load a large webpage and then hit home/back, the phone takes like 3 seconds to exit out of the app and then when it does the home screen has no icons on it and takes like 10 seconds to load. It is very annoying.:mad:

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
Am I the only one that has this? I don't know anyone else with a droid near me so I can't really compare and am really curious if this is just me.

eloist

Reaction score
happens to me too. drives me crazy.

if i can't figure out a permanent fix i'm going to get a new device.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
well if you're using an app that intensively uses the processor, of course it's going to slow down your phone.

I use maps every now and then but it never takes 10 seconds. I'm stock 2.1 btw.

considering you're rooted and running a mod already you should consider overclocking.

eloist

Reaction score
well if you're using an app that intensively uses the processor, of course it's going to slow down your phone.

considering you're rooted and running a mod already you should consider overclocking.

i'm overclocked and it still happens.

it happened on various versions of cyanogenmod, bugless beast and smoked glass

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

i'm overclocked and it still happens.

it happened on various versions of cyanogenmod, bugless beast and smoked glass

No idea.

I've been on 2.1 for 2-3weeks now? no problem with lag. I would think overclocking it would make the phone run smoother, but in terms of stability i had my doubts. Since the processor is already working being overclocked, i would think it's less stable as it was meant to run at whatever speed the stock is on.

eloist

Reaction score
i got absolutely positively fed up with this issue today and went back to stock.

no lag.

go figure...haha

JCo352

Reaction score
i got absolutely positively fed up with this issue today and went back to stock.

no lag.

go figure...haha

I think a lot of people get into modding their phones, and forget that stock is great. They think their phone is really fast, but they are only comparing to their last ROM. Or maybe it's a placebo effect, I don't know. But anyways, I'm glad your phone is working great again, are you still considering getting a different device?

eloist

Reaction score

no lag.

go figure...haha

I think a lot of people get into modding their phones, and forget that stock is great. They think their phone is really fast, but they are only comparing to their last ROM. Or maybe it's a placebo effect, I don't know. But anyways, I'm glad your phone is working great again, are you still considering getting a different device?

i'm waiting to see the Incredible. Going to wait a month or two after it drops and see what issues pop up with users.

I love Sense UI...I had an HTC Hero before my droid, but that phone is way too slow...so this might be the answer.

also waiting to see the price point.

JCo352

Reaction score

no lag.

go figure...haha

i'm waiting to see the Incredible. Going to wait a month or two after it drops and see what issues pop up with users.

I love Sense UI...I had an HTC Hero before my droid, but that phone is way too slow...so this might be the answer.

also waiting to see the price point.

I was also thinking about getting an Incredible, but the Sense UI, is what I don't want. I guess it's just because I'm so used to vanilla android, my phone before this was the HTC G1. I might wait to see what comes out after the Incredible, because there seems to be a trend going on as far as processor speed i.e. Droid 550mhz, Devour 550mhz, Nexus1 1Ghz, Incredible 1Ghz. I'm thinking the next big thing will be 1.5Ghz and that may be when I take the plunge.