Original Droid is LAGGING

vonfink13

Reaction score
i am actually pretty careful about what apps i load on the thing....i do em one at a time usually...test em out and see if they work good on the phone...the latest thing i am checking on is skyfire...so far it is not working out so good..lots of lag while using it and one crash....

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Also, I'm not sure but I think clearing internal rom might help too.
Move some of your apps to the sd card might help.

You do Not need root to do this, as it came built in with the Droid 1 froyo update. Settings > Applications > manage applications will take you to a list of all your apps. Click on one of them and some will allow you to "move to sd card", which moves some app files to the sd card, freeing up internal storage space. Please note that you want to avoid doing this to widget controlling apps as they will not show up after you reboot.

Droidforums.net appified!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Factory data reset may remove all your apps, or it may not. Lately I'm hearing that all apps are being fully restored.

The worst it will do is remove your free apps. Your paid apps will be in your Market Downloads waiting for you after you sign in.

If you load a custom ROM after rooting you will have to wipe anyway. If you do that make sure that you purchase Titanium Backup, not the free version, and Freeze your apps. That way they will still be there when you finish loading your ROM>

OP
S

shane1v

Reaction score
I got rid of the Antivirus app...

so far NO LAG. Wow. it's only been like 1/2 hour but it is great so far.
I'll update the progress later or tomorrow. But it's looking good. thanks.
Hopefully the same news later.... :)

mrtubz69

Reaction score
Good I encourage some rooting though ;) will make it overclockable to twice the speed!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Bilgediver

Reaction score
More than twice the speed actually, lol.

Anyways glad your lag got fixed, and don't forget to disable the task killer from automatically killing apps (or if you do it manually stop killing the tasks like you breathe! Lol)

Droidforums.net appified!

OP
S

shane1v

Reaction score
UPDATE:

ZERO lag!! That antivirus app was the culprit. Beware the AVG free Antivirus

Thanks for all your help!

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Not using AVG antivirus (I do have LookOut).

I've had the same problem recently. Installed MinFree and set it to "mild", deleted some apps I no longer use, shut off the task killer, and rebooted. It's only been an hour or so, but right now it's back to going like a raped ape. Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can keep lookout, just shut off the antivirus part of it.