HomeScreen redrawing problem

delux0

Reaction score
Hey! I have the original droid and recently I have been getting very frustrated with my phone because when I finish playing a game, sending a text message, or pretty much anything; and I then press the back button, or the home button it takes a while for my icons to come back up. Sometimes its like 10 seconds other times is about 1-2 minutes! this then prevents me from making a phone call when i really need to. Also, when returning to the homescreen and pressing the application drawer all my apps take a very long time to load as well, sometimes 3 minutes or so. My phone is not rooted, and i am using the stock homescreen. Any suggestions??

Thanks

speedfreeq

Reaction score
With a stock, unrooted Droid, that link is not going to do you any good at all. Not sure there's an easy solution for you. Have you tried regular reboots?

-from my 1.2 GHz PEv3.5 Droid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Another option is to try ADW Launcher or LauncherPro from the market.

Hitting the home button isn't the best idea as it tells Andy (that's the android's name, by the way) that you want to come back to that app. Backing out is a much better option. Regular reboots help as well. If you're running a lot of widgets, kill them as they take up RAM and CPU cycles even when the screen's off.

lcool149

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my Droid running very slow and the app icon taking forever to appear on my screen. I was thinking about restoring the phone back to factory setting but I don't want it to delete my pics and stuff from my SD card.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
If youre unrooted, Install ADW.Launcher and check System Persistance in the ADW Settings. Fixed my redraw before I rooted. And I had it bad..

Sent from my Fascinate using Droidforums app

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man, now that Usher song is stuck in my head!! Haha!!

If youre unrooted, Install ADW.Launcher and check System Persistance in the ADW Settings. Fixed my redraw before I rooted. And I had it bad..

Sent from my Fascinate using Droidforums app

DroidForums junkie!

lcool149

Reaction score
Ok if restore back to factory setting will I lose all my data from my apps?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yup. It's like opening the box new (unless you're ROM'd, which you aren't), only with that small scratch on the screen you hardly notice anymore, that dent from when it fell down the stairs, and the lingering smell of perfume from when it spent a week in your mom's purse and you couldn't find it.

The data on the SD card is unaffected, but you might want to back it up all the same.

lcool149

Reaction score
Yup. It's like opening the box new (unless you're ROM'd, which you aren't), only with that small scratch on the screen you hardly notice anymore, that dent from when it fell down the stairs, and the lingering smell of perfume from when it spent a week in your mom's purse and you couldn't find it.

All so I restored the phone back to factory setting. I have log in to all my accounts. I had most of my app save to my SD card before I restored it. My Question is if I had most of my app on the SD card how do I get them back on my phone with out having to go back to the market and look for every single on?

The data on the SD card is unaffected, but you might want to back it up all the same.

lcool149

Reaction score
Ok so I restored the phone back to factory setting. I have log in to all my accounts. I had most of my app save to my SD card before I restored it. My Question is if I had most of my app on the SD card how do I get them back on my phone with out having to go back to the market and look for every single one?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Without running a rooted device you can't. They should have started downloading automatically if you had sync turned on and you didn't immediately start messing with the device once you'd signed back in.