Homemade Droid Dock

Infernalblaze

Reaction score
lol thats nice but instead of the magnet you could just download the app dockloader which put the phone in dock mode automatically. but i like the overall design..classic

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Like the Idea, but the finished product needs a little work.:rating04:

Lafond

Reaction score
Very creative and I applaud the effort, but the dock is only $30. I would feel weird having a cut up cardboard box holding my phone in my office.

But that would work just fine in my garage!

Zippster

Reaction score
Very creative and I applaud the effort, but the dock is only $30. I would feel weird having a cut up cardboard box holding my phone in my office.

But that would work just fine in my garage!

But if you use a case ( body glove etc ) it wont fit in the stock dock.

Great idea and think I'll make one to fit mine with body glove on, gonna have to see if magnet will trigger through it.

OP
M
Reaction score
yea ive heard of the dock mimic app, but its much cooler to have it work automatically. and ive heard people are having some problems with the app

zackhund

Reaction score
My take on a home made dock....

BTW...my Droid is in a hard plastic case

zackhund-albums-homemade-multi-media-dock-picture281-img-3038.jpg

zackhund-albums-homemade-multi-media-dock-picture282-trick-well-placed-magnet-back-stand.jpg

zackhund-albums-homemade-multi-media-dock-picture283-a.jpg

Last edited:

dogjustice

Reaction score
Book end dock

1 metal book end:

1 magnet;

2 pieces of material to stop your droid from slipping. I used the soft side of velcro.

brianjcohen

Reaction score
I did something similar with a metal bookend. Bent one of the center pieces down to a right angle, stuck a magnet to the backside of it, and used electrical tape to secure a binder clip to the front of the bent piece so the Droid has something to learn against.