Incompatible Multimedia and Car Dock?

ljholland

Reaction score
OK....tell me there's some trick to this.

The car doc case doesn't fit in the multimedia dock? So - you have to pull the back of the case off every time you want to use the multimedia dock?

OP
L

ljholland

Reaction score
I was referring to the standard Motorola Droid Car mount case sold by Verizon and the Motorola Multimedia dock.

I guess it just seems ridiculous to design two products sold side by side at the Verizon store that don't work together.

OP
L

ljholland

Reaction score
Possible. Both were purchased at the same time from the verizon store. I guess one is going back.

xliderider

Reaction score
Cuskit, AKA Mike's Mikradle dock works well with just about any case. I will vouch for the Mikradle's high level of workmanship and finishing. :)

They've been going on sale almost every weekend. Also, Mike has a standard discount extended to all droidforum members. ;)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess it just seems ridiculous to design two products sold side by side at the Verizon store that don't work together.
I'm not sure I understand why you'd assume that accessories sold by a Verizon store are all designed to work with each other. The OEM docks are made by Motorola. AFAIK Motorola doesn't make any cases -- you can confirm by visiting the Motorola site. Accessories simply being sold in the same store (Verizon or otherwise) means nothing regarding compatibility with each other. The retailer does not design the accessories.

If you want a case and dock that are compatible with each other then you need to find products specifically designed for each other, such as Seidio's docks and cases. Note that their product descriptions indicate if the docks work with their cases:

Seidio Desktop Cradle:
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/crdsimtdd.htm
It syncs and charges the Motorola Droid in Multimedia Mode and is compatible with our line of Innocases.
Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit:
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/ck17mtddc03.htm
This model keeps your Motorola Droid charged and ready to go and even works with our Innocases.
Don't make assumptions. If a feature isn't explicitly stated it probably isn't a feature of whatever it is that you're looking at (and that goes well beyond just Droid accessories).

Last edited:

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
Which is why I'm quite glad I bought the Seidio Innotraveler (and am buying their media doc) as I bought their extended battery and Innocase.

I'm not sure I understand why you'd assume that accessories sold by a Verizon store are all designed to work together.

The OEM docks are made by Motorola. AFAIK Motorola doesn't make any cases. If you want a case that's compatible with a dock then you need to find products specifically designed for each other, such as Seidio's docks and cases. Note that their product descriptions indicate if the docks work with a case. Don't make assumptions. If a feature isn't explicitly stated it probably isn't a feature.