Home Switcher and Go Launcher question.

Jerminator617

Reaction score
I'm probably going to sound dumb but I have Home Switcher for froyo with Go Launcher Ex and I'm trying to set the stock moto homescreen as the default, but I cannot figure out how to set it as the default, I have tried what it says to do in the help feature, and I even installed a 3rd launcher to try and set homescreen as the default when I push the home and the app selector comes up to pick your home screen, but the moto homescreen isn't listed. Could somebody help me figure out how to set it as default. Thanks in advance.

REMilk

Reaction score
I will 'assume' you have not removed or frozen any MOTOblur files on your phone.

1. Go to Settings/Application/Manage applications

2. Select Go Launcher

3. Press on Clear Default

4. Press the Home Key

5. Select Make Default

6. Select the stock launcher (not Go Launcher)

You should be good to go.

Bob

OP
J

Jerminator617

Reaction score
I will 'assume' you have not removed or frozen any MOTOblur files on your phone.

1. Go to Settings/Application/Manage applications

2. Select Go Launcher

3. Press on Clear Default

4. Press the Home Key

5. Select Make Default

6. Select the stock launcher (not Go Launcher)

You should be good to go.

Bob

No I did not remove or freeze any blur apps, and thats what the help part of the app told me to do.
But when I go to the app, any of the homescreen apps, the "clear default" button is grayed out.
So I cant clear the defaults.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
You could back up your GO settings and then uninstall it.

LT*

Reaction score
You can't use the Stock launcher as default if you have a third party launcher installed. So, backing up your settings and uninstalling Go would be your best bet.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Well I'm not in a position to validate LT's comment right now, but If you backup and then uninstall, you can reinstall Go Launcher and at least choose which one you want to use.

I'm thinking that what LT is talking about is that you use to be able to get back to the point where it asks you which launcher to use from within the launcher settings. It doesn't seem to do that anymore. So once you pick a default, getting back is not possible without a reinstall. LT may know better here since I don't recall ever seeing anything ask me if I wanted to use Blur as my default launcher.

REMilk

Reaction score
I tried to switch from the Go Launcher to the stock launcher by "clearing defaults" and it would not clear. I think LT is right.

The app "MOTO Home Fix" will allow you to switch. However, it has a couple of problems.

1. It does not make an entry in the app table so you cannot access the app through the app drawer.
2. To use again, you must uninstall, then reinstall.

Good Luck,
Bob

NoBloatware

Reaction score
This sounds like a feature. The stock Moto launcher stinks and no one should ever switch back to it.

Ossoblanco

Reaction score
I accidentally froze blurhome2.apk and .odex before installing a different launcher. It took a bit of trial and error to get a new launcher on there. I loaded launcher pro onto my phone and don't like it at all. So now I have backed up my whole system using Titanium Backup and am about to unfreeze all of the files I froze prior to having these issues. Once I have unfrozen them I am going to uninstall launcher pro and see if I have any luck getting back onto my phone with the stock launcher. Is there anything I am missing or not thinking through completely?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I accidentally froze blurhome2.apk and .odex before installing a different launcher. It took a bit of trial and error to get a new launcher on there. I loaded launcher pro onto my phone and don't like it at all. So now I have backed up my whole system using Titanium Backup and am about to unfreeze all of the files I froze prior to having these issues. Once I have unfrozen them I am going to uninstall launcher pro and see if I have any luck getting back onto my phone with the stock launcher. Is there anything I am missing or not thinking through completely?

There are other good launchers you may want to try first: Go Launcher, Zeam, ADW, QQ Launcher.