Go Launcher Ex help! Or any other launcher!

Mondingo

Reaction score
Ok so I want to download and try Go Launcher Ex. I'm not familiar yet but want to stop all the lag and moto blur issues. If I don't like it, if I just uninstall it, will all my stock default setting come right back on my home screen? Or will I have to do some fixing. I've heard stories that some have had. Thanks for the help

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jchammer123

Reaction score
If you use a home replacement app and uninstall it, all of your content and settings will remain on the stock launcher or any other launcher. In fact, if you set go launcher as your default and then go into settings-applications, you can clear defaults and switch back to your other launcher. You won't lose any of the settings from either launcher.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you so much for such a quick response. I will have to check it out then. I just wanna try something different. I'm new to the droid market, so generally get the hang of this right now. if you have any other advice for me on how to use the launcher, or any other launcher, please let me know. I appreciate it.

jchammer123

Reaction score
They are really easy to use! Go launcher is cool. Adw, Launcher Pro, and SPB Shell are also excellent launchers. SPB Shell is probably the most visually appealing but its 15 bucks in the market and it doesn't work well with older phones. There are also videos on youtube of some of these launchers if you wanna check that out.

jchammer123

Reaction score
If you're looking to eliminate lag then Go, ADW, or LauncherPro are your best bets. There are settings in the home replacements that can help with lag and speed. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Thank you for all your help. Out of all the launchers, which would you prefer is the best? Been looking on youtube, and checking out videos, just undecided right now which one I should try.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Just saw your post. I will give it a shot and see which 1 is best for me. I wanna fix the lag with the motoblur, with my droid 3. But I also want a good looking launcher also some cool effects

REMilk

Reaction score
The 'Best" is subjective. Each has the strong points and each may lack something you need. I suggest you download and try each until you find the one you like best.

At the present time, I am using Go Launcher. For me, Go Launcher worked best on my OG Droid so I am continuing to use it on my Droid 3.

I used the following 'free' Launcher/Home Screen replacements on my OG Droid and have not retried on my Droid 3. All are quality Launcher/Home screen replacements.

Launcher Pro
ADW
Regina
dxTop

And if internal 'space' is a consideration, then try Tiny Home.

Personally, I did not like any Launcher/Home Screen replacement that tried to mimic Windows or iOS.

Let me reiterate, you should try as many of the these as possible determine which works best for you.

Good Luck,
Bob

jchammer123

Reaction score
They all have really good customization. The nice thing about ADW, which is what I'm using right now, is there are several themes that you can download from the market.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
You might be a little disappointed when it comes to "cool effects" for each of these launchers. One reason they get rid of the lag is that animations are minimal.

jchammer123

Reaction score
You might be a little disappointed when it comes to "cool effects" for each of these launchers. One reason they get rid of the lag is that animations are minimal.

I've got more animations then I'll ever need on ADW, and I know Launcher Pro has quite a few as well.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I've got more animations then I'll ever need on ADW, and I know Launcher Pro has quite a few as well.

Yeah, I'm not saying there are none, just that they are limited. And that is really in comparison to the desktop animations on Blur. Personally, I set my animations to none, and I then have all I need.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Yes I prefer adw over go and launcher pro also. I get a lil lag still from go and once in a blue moon from launcher pro, but never once with adw

REMilk

Reaction score
I can only provide information on the 'cool effects/animation' found in Go Launcher.

For moving between home screens, within 'Desk Animation effects' you have 15 animation choices (actually 13):
  1. Default
  2. Random
  3. Bounce
  4. Bulldoze
  5. Cube(inside)
  6. Cube (outside)
  7. Flip(simple)
  8. Flip (wallpaper)
  9. Roll
  10. Wave
  11. Windmill
  12. Binary Star
  13. Chariot
  14. Shutter
  15. Chord
For the App drawer Entry/Exit transition, there are 6 animation choices
  1. Default
  2. Random
  3. Windmill
  4. Zoom
  5. Flip
  6. TV
For the App drawer Entry/Exit transition, there are 6 animation choices:
  1. Default
  2. Random
  3. Windmill
  4. Zoom
  5. Flip
  6. TV
For the Horizontal scroll effect within the App Drawer, you have a choice of nn animations:
  1. Default
  2. Random
  3. Binary Star
  4. Chariot
  5. Shutter
  6. Cord
  7. Cylinder
  8. Sphere
I think these are more than available on the stock launcher.

Bob

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Minimal has more than one meaning Bob.

Last edited: