Home screen lag

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Installed LauncherPro. Fixed my issues. I don't see a need to lock it into memory as it states that could impare performance

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you don't need to lock it into memory then don't lock it into memory. Every Droid is different. Many people do need to lock it into memory -- and the impare performance line is for two reasons:

First and foremost it covers the dev's butt. Secondly is the fact that every Droid is different. :)

overtwo

Reaction score
If you're using ADW, go into ADWs settings and apply "Persist Mode." (note: this will disable rotation with the homescreen only)

I was using ADW for a long time and haven't had too many issues with lag, BUT I recently switched to Zeam Launcher instead. After running Zeam for a couple days now must say it is simply snappy. It seems almost like a trimmed down version of ADW. (note: Zeam does not have an option to lock in memory, but since i've started using it haven't had homescreen redraw at all.)

Remember, the more widgets/workspaces/icons you have in your launcher the longer it takes to reboot (aka redraw)

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
I just uninstall a few app/games I was not using anymore. Reduce widget count and its help.

So any thoughts on the new Motorola tablet?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
After running Zeam for a couple days now must say it is simply snappy. It seems almost like a trimmed down version of ADW. (note: Zeam does not have an option to lock in memory, but since i've started using it haven't had homescreen redraw at all.)

Remember, the more widgets/workspaces/icons you have in your launcher the longer it takes to reboot (aka redraw)

+1

Zeam is based on ADW which is based on the stock A.S.O.P launcher. I am a registered LPro customer but still find Zeam too good not to use.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

RichardMW

Reaction score
It works!!!

Thanks fur bearing mammal.
I had tried many solutions but this one finally worked.

A quick tip to cut down on lag --

Install ADW or Launcher Pro from the market and set it as the default launcher. In the settings there's an option to lock the launcher in the memory. :)

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Thanks fur bearing mammal.
I had tried many solutions but this one finally worked.

A quick tip to cut down on lag --

Install ADW or Launcher Pro from the market and set it as the default launcher. In the settings there's an option to lock the launcher in the memory. :)

My deprimed kernel helps alleviate launcher lag as well. I currently use adwex and find it to be the best launcher for me at the moment, along with colorize widget for scrollable twitter/facebook widgets.

Zeam still is a great launcher it's my needs simply outgrew it.