Home screen lag

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Due to this issue and before I upgrade to a new phone I wanna attempt to root my Droid. Any suggestions on previous posted guides?? Or something simple and straight forward?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

equake

Reaction score
Due to this issue and before I upgrade to a new phone I wanna attempt to root my Droid. Any suggestions on previous posted guides?? Or something simple and straight forward?

I've used SuperOneClick on a Win7 PC to root my Droid with Froyo 2.2 FRG22D

Bilgediver

Reaction score
However, I must ask if you are using an antivirus or auto task killing app?
If so, then stop those, uninstall the antivirus, and at least stop the task killer from running automatically, they are system hogs, causing the cpu to constantly write/rewrite to the RAM, and on our phones with limited RAM its a major issue.

Droidforums.net appified!

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Yeah I'm using lookout. Should I just get rid of that to increase refresh speeds?

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
That actually helped out. I had thought lookout was causing the problem just felt a bit more secure with it installed.

OP
S

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Nevermind spoke too soon. Same ol' lag returned. Half tempted to just go through with my one year upgrade already.

fatasian

Reaction score
Found on Moto website, but update google search and car home. Seems to have fixed me.

joekinde

Reaction score
I pulled the battery, and that seemed to help for a brief period. The subsequent slowing did not improve much on the next battery pull.

sdcajack

Reaction score
None of the above really fixes the problem...

I, for one, haven't found that any of these solutions have helped this problem.

I'm running 2.2.1, not rooted, no task killer, no antivirus, no alternate home screen app. I've updated Google search, car home, even done a full reset. I've minimized the number of widgets to the News & Weather, Power bar, and Search. Seems whenever you reboot or reset, the refresh is a little snappier for awhile but then reverts to painfully slow.

What confuses me is why everyone isn't noticing this problem.

My only wish for Gingerbread is to fix this bug for good.

Tyrone30

Reaction score
Redraw

Thanks for the tip! This really seems to have solved my problem with the laggy home screen. dancedroid

dgoakill

Reaction score
I'm also having this problem. stock phone, 2.2.1, running advanced task killer. this problem has been evident for me since the 2.1 update. it's gotten worse with every update since. I'm at the point now where if it isn't EASILY fixable, I might as well buy a new phone. you should not have to hack your phone to get it to work properly or as advertised.

I'm going to try and get rid of task killer, but wondering why it keeps telling me so many apps are running that I didn't execute. for example, I just rebooted the phone and did nothing else task killer is showing me that evernote, vzw mobile, jorte, messaging, visual VM, maps, package tracking are all running......this isn't including the apps and processes I have hidden from the "kill selected apps" screen. Could all these things running have something to do with it? How do you turn them off?

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I've noticed the trigger is whenever you switch from landscape to portrait mode on the phone. If you open an app in portrait mode make sure its in portrait mode when you return home, same goes for landscape. It's not a fix but it works, and perhaps some dev's will notice

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
A quick tip to cut down on lag --

Install ADW or Launcher Pro from the market and set it as the default launcher. In the settings there's an option to lock the launcher in the memory. If you select this then you don't have to worry about Andy killing the launcher to free up memory for whatever app you're running. Really cuts down on the lag and redraws. :)

porsche996

Reaction score
A quick tip to cut down on lag --

Install ADW or Launcher Pro from the market and set it as the default launcher. In the settings there's an option to lock the launcher in the memory. If you select this then you don't have to worry about Andy killing the launcher to free up memory for whatever app you're running. Really cuts down on the lag and redraws. :)

I second this. Only time I get lag or redraw now is when I change a setting in the launcher and it has to essentially reset the first time it runs after the change.