Home++ Beta

yea - if you use more than one home replacement, they are all open and taking up a small bit of memory in the background in the event you kick them off when you select the home button.

i think i have GDE and OpenHome installed, so I think I'm going to remove them and stick with Home++.

Eye-candy is only useful if it adds and is accompanied by functionality. I think Home++ has done a better job of combining the two than any of the others.

Been playing with it for awhile now and I like it, but I wonder if it will put a percentage of how much battery life remains on bottom like Open Home?

Had to uninstall due to it causing a reboot loop that I could only stop by going into safe mode. Otherwise nice. Needs more home screens and some app drawer organization like pandahome.

interesting... I'll have to give it a try! I currently use OpenHome, but I hate how laggy my Droid has become. Sometimes I'm waiting upwards of 10+ seconds for my home screen to draw after pressing the Home button.

put me into a reboot loop until I uninstalled it with safe mode on Droid

ah, this is really well done!

(if interested, I attached a wallpaper I use that works really well with this)

Attachments

• grass_whiskeysix_854x1200.jpg
    grass_whiskeysix_854x1200.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 435
ah, this is really well done!

(if interested, I attached a wallpaper I use that works really well with this)

How did you add this as your wallpaper for Home++?

Trying to get a 4 screen wallpaper but if I want to add my own picture must use Picture Gallery to complete the action. Picture gallery crops it to the size of 3 screens.

On your droid, you need to long-press the image and then select "Save". Once it downloads, longpress your desktop, select wallpaper, and then "photos".

noticing that i get a lot of force close errors with Home++ when i get a text message and handcent displays the popup while the phone is locked.

The Home ++ isn't bad but I kind of missed the pull out drawer of the stock home. I've had a few force close notifications too. I'm going to try the Panda version and see if I like that one. I can't find the GDE that everyone is talking about. I searched using the name of the developer and the GDE and all I see are themes for GDE.

Noticed the same, but when I pressed 'Forced Close' nothing really happened. Other than a nuisance sometimes, it's fine for me. The latest update seems 'more' stable. For a free home replacement, it does it's thing

Been using H++ for about a week and I love it. Haven't had any force closes or noticeable lag. Can't wait to see how it further develops.

Also, I've used GDE and PandaHome and found H++ to be superior to both (for my personal use). Havent tried Open Home, but don't really need to now.

Back