Home++ Beta

sir

Reaction score
Home++ Beta just came out and it's free and it's AMAZING. Install it, and definitely read the help on it to give you tips on how to use and interact with it. I totally love it. I've submitted a bug to the developer and he already got back to me and said he's working on a new release that will incorporate the fix (once in a while the screen shifts down a few pixels, but can be fixed by hitting the home button).

Definitely give it a go. No skinning options, but the interaction redesign is killer.

mtbighorn

Reaction score
Just downloaded from the market. It says its installed but I see no icon to configure settings or read the help guide.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hit your home button and it should give you the option of Home and Home++. The help file is under quick start once in Home++. I like the fact that there is four screens and that you have the option to get rid of the notification bar at the top.

OP
sir

sir

Reaction score
the bottom bar of icons also scrolls if you move it left and right. I like the fact that all of the icons (battery, wireless, usb) and all of the date stuff (date and time) bring you to their respective items (battery to the battery info, wireless to the wireless setup, usb to the notification bar, calendar opens google calendar, time opens alarm clock, etc.).

garswa

Reaction score
Home++ Beta just came out and it's free and it's AMAZING. Install it, and definitely read the help on it to give you tips on how to use and interact with it. I totally love it. I've submitted a bug to the developer and he already got back to me and said he's working on a new release that will incorporate the fix (once in a while the screen shifts down a few pixels, but can be fixed by hitting the home button).

Definitely give it a go. No skinning options, but the interaction redesign is killer.
+1. Excellent Home app. Used PandaHome for a quick minute, but it would spazz out whenever I changed wallpapers. I like the bottom control functionality, clock and date, the 1 extra screen, and the general openness.

garswa

Reaction score
the bottom bar of icons also scrolls if you move it left and right. I like the fact that all of the icons (battery, wireless, usb) and all of the date stuff (date and time) bring you to their respective items (battery to the battery info, wireless to the wireless setup, usb to the notification bar, calendar opens google calendar, time opens alarm clock, etc.).
At first I didn't know what you were talking about, but then I swiped the icons at the bottom and realized that there is a second set with usb, alert, battery drainage icon, and date & time. Very nifty little Home app this is...

NvrEnough

Reaction score
Trying it now. I like it so far. This whole open source is great I cant put the freaking phone down.

msheldon

Reaction score
Through experimenting, I found if you leave the system status bar up (long press on notification icon), the screen never shifts down. It's a good temporary workaround.

ice456789

Reaction score
In this app, how do you know if you have a notification (when the notification bar is hidden)? That's really my only major concern.

Aximtreo

Reaction score
Home++

In this app, how do you know if you have a notification (when the notification bar is hidden)? That's really my only major concern.

My question also. Is there a way to turn on notifications to pop up when they come in and not have to check?

I love this app. It's simple but elegant. Once skinning capability is added, the screen can look as techie as you want.:reddroid:

OP
sir

sir

Reaction score
Most, if not all people I know have their phone locked most of the time. When it's locked you always see the notification bar.

If you want to enable the notification bar again, just long-press on the notification icon at the bottom and it will enable the notification bar. long-press again and it will turn it off.

garswa

Reaction score
The notification icon at the bottom (the small 'i') can be used as a toggle to show and then hide the notification bar. Sometimes it appears that the icon list at the bottom gets pushed all the way down, but pressing the Home button readjusts everything.

Try long pressing the icons at the bottom. Some have functions associated, and others do not. The ones that do are quite useful and can serve as hotkeys to various functions. Before this I either had to do Menu | Settings and then scroll to the specific function I wanted to adjust. Either that or create widget icons, that took space away from the valuable real estate needed for my fav apps.

So far so good, although I noticed last evening that I had a faster than normal battery drain. When I removed PandaHome my battery usage went back to outstanding. Now it appears to have returned. Not saying it's related to Home++, since I also installed Handcent along with it, but I'll be keeping an eye on this now.