Holster turning on screen

larryg99

Reaction score
Hello... new here; Just got my Droid X a few days ago and noticed something annoying. I bought a vertical leather belt holster with a magnet clasp. Now, every time I put the X back in the holster... the X thinks it was just set in the dash mount, and turns the display back on in car mode. I guess the magnet in the holster is setting off the screen activation. Any way around this? Can the auto-activate screen function be switched off? (I know I can adjust the screen timeout function, but a shorter timeout while in use is annoying also.)

FYI... came from an HTC Tilt (WM6), which I loved... however this X is awesome !

Thanks... Larry

emlan

Reaction score
Someone might have a different suggestion for you, but I personally would keep magnets away from your phone. My wife's purse has magnetic straps in them which was really screwing with her Droid 2.

It took us about a week to finally figure out what was causing the Droid 2 to go haywire. I also think it may have caused some permanent damage to the phone because it still acts funny sometimes (long story).

Just my two cents.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums Larry!!

You might check out the app "dock blocker" in the market - it is designed to prevent the ill-placed magnets of a case to cause a phone to go into dock mode...

Good luck!