HoloLens: Microsoft's Most Intriguing Reveal During Windows 10 Briefing

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I guess i should add an addendum to that statement: If it's over a grand at launch date i won't be buying it immediately.
Lol

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
But I can't wait to get that new 132" Quad HD 3D TV! Wonder how much Samsung is going to charge for the application to display such a TV in hologram!

Why would I want to watch a hologram of a 132" tv? I think the future is fully immersive VR. Shoot and record tv and movies with a 1st person POV and the viewer becomes a fly on the wall. Like you're actually in the diner.

I wonder if for people in wheelchairs if it can't almost trick the senses into feeling like you're walking again.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Why would I want to watch a hologram of a 132" tv? I think the future is fully immersive VR. Shoot and record tv and movies with a 1st person POV and the viewer becomes a fly on the wall. Like you're actually in the diner.

I wonder if for people in wheelchairs if it can't almost trick the senses into feeling like you're walking again.
Well you're a good many steps ahead of me! That would be incredible. Anything that can enhance the lifestyles of those who were either born with or have suffered injuries leaving them with physical disabilities is worthy of all our efforts to develop and bring to market.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well you're a good many steps ahead of me! That would be incredible. Anything that can enhance the lifestyles of those who were either born with or have suffered injuries leaving them with physical disabilities is worthy of all our efforts to develop and bring to market..

Plus, out-of-shape people like myself can finally climb Everest without breaking a sweat ;)

VR might not be the right word, but as opposed to simulating a giant screen I'm talking encapsulating the tv show/movie in all or nearly all your entire field of vision. It would require them to shoot things differently as many of those close-up shots won't work because of scaling issues.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, I understood completely. Actually they already do still photography this way with VR walk-through tours of Real Estate and such. It's usually a camera positioned facing up and a glass optical ball (fish-eye globe) on top to give the camera 360 degree horizontal field of vision and something like 320 degree vertical field of vision. I wonder if that could work with 3D.

Here's a cheap adapter for an iPhone to take stills and video of that type...Kogeto Index . They also have a stand-alone video device as well.

Kodak has gotten into the game with Kodak s answer to GoPro lets you take spectacular 360-degree action videos - UltraDroid

Edit: Found this! Panocam3d Worlds first 3d 360 degree camera Indiegogo

AND in UHD 4K!!

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I feel the same way about this kinda thing as I do about 3D movies/etc.

Until it works without having to wear those bulky, uncomfortable glasses, I'm not very interested.

I pay good money each year for contacts so I don't have to wear glasses. Why would I want to strap on a big ol' headset?

I'm also curious about the scenes where characters are running and jumping on the couch and table. I know having the kinect that they've come a long way in mapping rooms/etc, but I have a hard time believing they're as good at it as they make it look in those videos.

Still, cool concept and at least they're on the way somewhere.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I like new tech as much as anyone... Just in moderation. Don't get too deep...

f625c9134fabea9bd880d09143c7e45b.jpg

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
That's probably where this tech is gonna be in 30 years. We're all gonna be a bunch of Reginald Barclay's.