Hiding albumn art in gallery?

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
How do I hide the albumn art that mixzing put in my photo gallery, I have about 200 different bands on my sd card, and that makes for a very very messy gallery

dro

Reaction score
How do I hide the albumn art that mixzing put in my photo gallery, I have about 200 different bands on my sd card, and that makes for a very very messy gallery

Place a file in album art folder named ".nomedia" just as it appears, without the quotes of course. You can also hide a folder by adding a period before the name, ie. ".album art" - but your apps will not be able to find the pics. Useful for hiding stuff that you don't want friends and whatnot to see when they are drooling over your Droid.

Last edited:

droider4life

Reaction score
I actually deleted one of the album covers from a song then went back and played it to see if it still showed up and in fact it did. so i deleted all my album art from the gallery and it still shows up when playing the songs. the stock music app made a folder when i trasferred the songs onto my phone.. i cant open them but the folder is named albumthumbs and they are all still in there.