Way to hide photos?

jdougal

Reaction score
Is there a way to hide specific photos or folders with photos? The problem or actually more of an annoyance is that the album covers from the music I imported shows up in my gallery. I'd like to hide them if possible, but don't want to delete them because I'd still like them when the music is played. Any help?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
create a file named .nomedia and place it in any directory you don't want indexed by the gallery app.

can be any file, just rename it to .nomedia

ryan.thomas1989

Reaction score
vitt could you simplify this for everyone else.. maybe like step bye step or what not. thanks in advance =]

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just create a directory with a . (dot) in front of the name, name doesn't matter. Copy all your "secret files" into that directory

Then when you want them to show up in the gallery rename the directory removing the . (dot) and they will show up in the gallery until you change the name back.

In order to create "hidden" directories you need to set your View preferences in Astro etc to allow it to show hidden files. In Astro tap the "View" Icon on the top bar, select "Set Directory Options" and make sure "Show Hidden Files" is checked.

Last edited:

ryan.thomas1989

Reaction score
Ahh so to create that directory I guess u have to do that on ure comp not your phone?

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh so to create that directory I guess u have to do that on ure comp not your phone?
You can do it on your phone if you have one of the file explorer programs like Astro or EF File Explorer installed

dro

Reaction score

I tried doing this on my computer but it did not work. All you have to do is open Astro file manager app and simply put a period(.) in front of the folders you want to hide. So a hidden folder would look like this ".hiddenpics"

rjax

Reaction score
For album art this is a pretty useful technique - just name each album art file 'folder.jpg' and Gallery won't display the respective album art files.

Last edited:

ash19jam

Reaction score
I tried to use the advice of adding (.) in front of the file name and now my file is missing... Any advice on how to get it back?

ryan.thomas1989

Reaction score
Wow crazy I made this thread like ayear ago but what u do is under look and feel u got to ptess the show file extension or something along those lines

ash19jam

Reaction score
Hmm I cant seem to find that. I just deleted the main file it was under and am going to start over. Thanks though :)