Hi there, new member with a problem with missing/lost text messages

S

SFGate

Ever since I found I wasn't getting voicemail notifications for as long as more than a day, or at all, I've never quite relied on cell phones, or more precisely the service from the carriers. Hope you have got this resolved. Know how frustrating it can be. And welcome to the site. DancingNexus

ashcar

Reaction score
Hi there I am new to the forums, I found you as I was trying to see if anyone else was having issues where you send text messages but the intended party does not receive them. I am using a DROID RAZR MAXX as is my girlfriend both new phones. We at times do not get messages we send to each other and also do not get messages from friends and family.

Now I never had issues with my Incredible, this has only been occurring since getting our new phones. We can do a side by side comparison and I see what time she sent me a text but I never get it yet I will get messages after it. Sometimes right after, sometimes hours after.

I am not sure what to do here I can not have a phone that is unreliable about texts I text a lot, and it is awkward when one does not go through, and sometimes it can be a problem like yesterday when I did not get her message about the passing of a loved one. She can not make calls from work so we rely on texts quite a bit... anyway I am sure you can understand.

Is this an issue with the phone? The OS?

Thanks in advance!!!

I called Verizon March 16th with problem that i dont receive text messages sent by others and i gave exact time and phone numbers (they were all verizon customers) and the advance tech checked system confirming that message was sent and the messaging server updated that it was delivered to me . but in reality it never made it. that time she refreshed the messaging server for my account and took all details for her network team to diagnose. Now its April 13th i still miss some random text messages so i called verizon tech. according to him they have documented this problem of random non delivery of text messages on Razx Maxx and will send maintainence update by end of april and only other choice is to get a refurbished Razr Maxx till then.

so the problem of missing random text messages is real on Razr Maxx because my girl friend has same problem she has the Razr Maxx too.

jfdIV

Reaction score
Hello! I am a new member as well. I found this on google when I was searching because I am having a similar issue with my razr maxx. My girl friend has a "dumb phone" and she randomly does not get texts from me. We cannot figure out why but it is very annoying and frustrating. Did the factory rest help? I am willing to try that but would rather not. I am glad I am not the only one with this issue.

Thanks!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello! I am a new member as well. I found this on google when I was searching because I am having a similar issue with my razr maxx. My girl friend has a "dumb phone" and she randomly does not get texts from me. We cannot figure out why but it is very annoying and frustrating. Did the factory rest help? I am willing to try that but would rather not. I am glad I am not the only one with this issue.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

Have you logged a call with VZW tech support? I would be curious if the factory reset would work as well or is just a short term fix...