Hey mods (and everyone else), I have a question:

Reaction score
As most of you are probably aware, Koush graciously posted a free copy of his Droid 2 and Droid X Bootstrapper Apps on his website. However, it would appear that if you click the link, the file's no longer available. My guess is Koush didn't pay his hosting bill, or switched providers. This brings me to my question:

I have a copy of the D2 Bootstrapper APK, I downloaded it from his link a long time ago. I'd be willing to put it on something like megaupload and post a link to it. I feel like that's within the scope of the creator's intentions. I just didn't know how you, or the community at large would feel about it. That's why I made this a post instead of a PM.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
he took it offline purposely....you can find it in my sig in the DX rooting section....it's part of my "andyapppack"

KnauTz

Reaction score
I just ran a google search for the droid2bootstrapper.apk and someone had already uploaded it to mediafire

Sent from my Droid 2 running Liberty 1.5

dast

Reaction score
he took it offline purposely....you can find it in my sig in the DX rooting section....it's part of my "andyapppack"

Can anyone confirm this? I downloaded it directly from his site when he was gracious enough to offer it so.

However, if he really did take it down on purpose, especially if he can't afford to pay his hosting bills, I kinda feel like I ought to get on the market and buy a copy. I loaded up a prepaid card in google checkout that i've been itching to try, but only for developers who really deserve it. I can't think of any other dev that deserves it more than Koush.

Does anyone have any experience with already having the "free" version directly from his site installed and then going over to the market and buying a copy? Can that b0rk anything up on a D2 (rooted but no custom ROM)?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

louy99

Reaction score
Just buy it from the market, he deserves the money :)

Sent from my DROID2