Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronsullivan76

Reaction score
I'll happily admit that I'm a noob and I NEVER should have done this. After having a couple of android fanatics puffing their chest out about how easy it was to toss Froyo on a phone, I tried it and now I'm stuck.

I have a Samsung Fascinate on Verizon's network. I follow the instructions I found and now I'm stuck staring at some boot up and recover screen. What I can't do is select any of the options give to me.

I'm starting at the following screen:

Android System Recovery <3e> after using Odin3 v1.00
All:
I used Odin3 v100 to load Android 2.2 ROM

I followed the following steps
i9000XXJP2 Instructions
1. Remove the battery from your phone
2. Remove the SIM Card and MicroSD Card from your phone
(However, since it's a verizon phone, I had no sim card)
3. Place the battery back on the phone
4. Hold down the HOME button, Volume Down button, and Power On button
5. You should now see a Download screen
6. Open Odin 3 v1.0
7. Click on the button “PIT” and load the “s1_odin_20100512.pit” file
8. Click on the button “PDA” and load the “I9000XXJP2-REV03-PDA-CL464213.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
9. Click on the button “Phone” and load the “MODEM_I9000XXJP2.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
10. Click on the button “CSC” and load the “GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJP2.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
11. Click the checkbox next to: “Re-Partition”
12. Your settings should now look like Figure #2
13. Plug your phone into your computer with USB Debugging on
14. Look at the gallery below to see if everything is going right
15. Once done, your phone will boot up
And now the phone Rebooted and I get the following message “update media, plase waite E:Cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (invaild argument) E: copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD: you storage not prepared yet. plase use UI menu for format and reboot actions. copy default media contenr failed.”

I can get my phone to the option above and I can still get to download mode so I don't think I'm "bricked"

The options I have are
Enter: OK Key, Select : Vol UP /Vol Down
Reboot system now
Applysdcard:update.zip
Wipe date/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Format internal sd-card
The Volume rocket works to move between the above options but I can't use the “OK” key nor any other to select an action

Someone please please help me! Even if I can just reset it to where I was before, I honestly don't think I'm far along enough that I can't undo what I did, I just don't know how ...

I really really need a hand and will be eternally grateful for any help

hoppermi

Reaction score
I'll happily admit that I'm a noob and I NEVER should have done this. After having a couple of android fanatics puffing their chest out about how easy it was to toss Froyo on a phone, I tried it and now I'm stuck.

I have a Samsung Fascinate on Verizon's network. I follow the instructions I found and now I'm stuck staring at some boot up and recover screen. What I can't do is select any of the options give to me.

I'm starting at the following screen:

Android System Recovery <3e> after using Odin3 v1.00
All:
I used Odin3 v100 to load Android 2.2 ROM

I followed the following steps
i9000XXJP2 Instructions
1. Remove the battery from your phone
2. Remove the SIM Card and MicroSD Card from your phone
(However, since it's a verizon phone, I had no sim card)
3. Place the battery back on the phone
4. Hold down the HOME button, Volume Down button, and Power On button
5. You should now see a Download screen
6. Open Odin 3 v1.0
7. Click on the button “PIT” and load the “s1_odin_20100512.pit” file
8. Click on the button “PDA” and load the “I9000XXJP2-REV03-PDA-CL464213.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
9. Click on the button “Phone” and load the “MODEM_I9000XXJP2.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
10. Click on the button “CSC” and load the “GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJP2.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
11. Click the checkbox next to: “Re-Partition”
12. Your settings should now look like Figure #2
13. Plug your phone into your computer with USB Debugging on
14. Look at the gallery below to see if everything is going right
15. Once done, your phone will boot up
And now the phone Rebooted and I get the following message “update media, plase waite E:Cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (invaild argument) E: copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD: you storage not prepared yet. plase use UI menu for format and reboot actions. copy default media contenr failed.”

I can get my phone to the option above and I can still get to download mode so I don't think I'm "bricked"

The options I have are
Enter: OK Key, Select : Vol UP /Vol Down
Reboot system now
Applysdcard:update.zip
Wipe date/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Format internal sd-card
The Volume rocket works to move between the above options but I can't use the “OK” key nor any other to select an action

Someone please please help me! Even if I can just reset it to where I was before, I honestly don't think I'm far along enough that I can't undo what I did, I just don't know how ...

I really really need a hand and will be eternally grateful for any help

Wow. Um. you shouldn't have done that. You don't have an i9000, you have a Fascinate or I-500. If you can get to download mode then follow the directions in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html and install a system taht was meant for your phone:) Good Luck

vmax76

Reaction score
It seems as if you are using the wrong set of instructions for the Fascinate. The i900 is actually the Captivate (I believe) on AT&Ts network, which is why they mention to pull the SIM card. The Fascinate is i500. Therefore you may want to look into doing a Odin back to stock, and start all over.

OP
R

ronsullivan76

Reaction score
Speaking very generally, is it safe to assume that I DID NOT brick the phone and this is correctable?

vmax76

Reaction score
I'm a noob myself, so I can't say for sure or not? All I know, is that the devs constantly say NEVER to use the "Phone" button within Odin. Always use the PDA button when working with Fascinate(I500). Hopefully you can re-use Odin to flash back to stock atleast? Then you can start flashing Roms through CWM recovery from now on.

OP
R

ronsullivan76

Reaction score
does an md5 file need to be extracted first or does it plug into PDA in Odin as is?

vmax76

Reaction score
does an md5 file need to be extracted first or does it plug into PDA in Odin as is?

not sure. I believe everything is included in the package? I've only used Odin once, to root it and flash Clockwork Recovery. been using Clockwork ever since, to flash any ROM I've downloaded since then.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you get into download mode?
If you can flash this in ODIN after extracting it....when you download it it will be in .rar form, extract it and it will extract the .tar.md5 you need for ODIN

Super Clean version 2.6 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod w/Nonvoodoo eb16 kernel w/ dummy tether module
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EB16SC26_DXC.tar

Heres the thread as previously posted: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

OP
R

ronsullivan76

Reaction score
I can get into download mode, however, as I described above, I DID already try and install a "modem" file to the phone. If I'm now trying to only push that PDA file onto the phone, do I need to somehow "correct" the modem file that shouldn't be there?

Is there any way I can just wipe the whole thing and just factory reset it as it was out of the box? I don't even care about Froyo at this point (although if I'm in this deep anyway, maybe it's just as easy to install it).

Thank you again to everyone for the guidance. Again, this was colossally stupid of me to monkey around with. Everything I'd read made this sound like it was a ton simpler then it actually is.

OP
R

ronsullivan76

Reaction score
Odin is failing to flash the .tar file. Do I need to be using a .pit file as well like I did the first time around?

Jerome900

Reaction score
Ron, did u get it all fixed

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ireash

Reaction score
Now Odin just seems to be staring at me at:

"SetupConnection .."
Worked better for me when I pulled the battery plugged the phone into the computer and putting it into download mode. Odin then kept going after that.