Help

Grassi

Reaction score
Ok so I have a rooted Droid 2 Global, I never did anything crazy, I just put on Droid 2 overclock and titanium backup and wireless tether. My problem is updating apps, some of them update but a majority of them wont, is it because I rooted? Or something with the network? Also I was wondering if the phone comes out with a software update, could I download it no problem or do I have to uproot or something? Thank you

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a rooted Droid 2 Global, I never did anything crazy, I just put on Droid 2 overclock and titanium backup and wireless tether. My problem is updating apps, some of them update but a majority of them wont, is it because I rooted? Or something with the network? Also I was wondering if the phone comes out with a software update, could I download it no problem or do I have to uproot or something? Thank you

I have the same set up on my D2 and I don't have any problem updating. No custom rom, Droid 2 overclock.

Try clearing your Markets data and cash. To to settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/market. Clear cache and data.

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
Ok I did that and still no luck,
Any other tips??

louy99

Reaction score
If they are stuck trying to download and not doing anything....highlight it and cancel download. Then go back and redownload it. That will probably work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
No what happens is it downloads and when it gets to the installing stage it says failed to install

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ive had that happen before as well.

Go into settings, apps, manage apps, click market and clear data and force close. Try it again.
If that dont work try a reboot.
And if none of that work try uninstalling the app and reinstalling.
If none of that works do a factory data reset.

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
Thanks alot I will try all of that today and get back to you, oh but doesn't a factory reset delete everything?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes it does.................