Help

Almagest

Reaction score
I'm new to this flashing thing and could really use someone to walk me through it. I've read the stickys and guides and I'm pretty confident if not scared on how to flash my first Rom, but its what after that, that I'm unsure of. My Rom of choice will be one of the desire z's. Do I have to change my radio for that? And how do I put my phone back to the stock Rom? I have a backup made I'm just not sure how to flash it back on. If someone could just walk me through the all around process that would be awesome, I wouldn't usually ask for help on a subject that's so hugely cover its just that I love my dinc and don't want to mess it up over an over looked step.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
A

Almagest

Reaction score
I understand how to flash a Rom. I'm just not sure if I need to change my radio or kernel and I don't know how to flash it back to factory as in the way it came. I also don't know how to change my kernel. And I'm not sure where my back up image is. I created it when I rooted my phone. Will it be deleted if I flash?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In recovery your back up will be in back/restore. There is also a threasd on how to get back to stock in the hacks section of this forum. Its a sticky. Kernels are flashed the same exact way as roms. If you have just purchased the phone or done any of the OTA that came out there should be no need to update the radio. You can check your radio version in the about phone section it will be listed as baseband. Anything 2.xx is fine to use.

OP
A

Almagest

Reaction score
K, also I was going to download the desire z Rom but there seems to be other things I need to download for it. App files is one of them, I just run those from the SD right? And zip files is the other. How would I flash that? Can I use unrevoked with the custom menu or do I do it from the boot screen?

OP
A

Almagest

Reaction score
Also when I flash the recovery image back onto the phone It will be exactly back to the way it was when that image was created?